1. that is so lame
  2. Get used to it. CP uses up to 16 additional tracks coming from monitor world that are recorded in the studio. Most are midi keys, percussion, click, and vocal tracks (yes not just Chris) which can be supplemented for any song. The set list is pre-programed into pro tools and life goes on.
  3. Saddest thing ever.
  4. Originally posted by Chrisw6:Get used to it. CP uses up to 16 additional tracks coming from monitor world that are recorded in the studio. Most are midi keys, percussion, click, and vocal tracks (yes not just Chris) which can be supplemented for any song. The set list is pre-programed into pro tools and life goes on.
    It wouldn't surprise me if most of this is true for U2 as well, but at least we know for sure that Bono's vocals are live (mainly due to his lyric mistakes ).
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It wouldn't surprise me if most of this is true for U2 as well, but at least we know for sure that Bono's vocals are live (mainly due to his lyric mistakes ).
    And to think during the American leg that Bono using a teleprompter was bad...
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I remember people got pissed when they realized Edge had some parts pre-recorded/was playing power chords instead of solos/didn't control the pedals himself.

People get pissed over just about anything. I didn't notice the vocal track when I was there and I probably won't care when I see them again. Same as people aren't going to tear up their U2 tickets because Edge has Dallas controlling the pedals.
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    I remember people got pissed when they realized Edge had some parts pre-recorded/was playing power chords instead of solos/didn't control the pedals himself.

People get pissed over "just about anything". I didn't notice the vocal track when I was there and I probably won't care when I see them again. Same as people aren't going to tear up their U2 tickets because Edge has Dallas controlling the pedals.
    I was one of the most pissed (at least around here) when I discovered Edge was playing 4 chords instead of the -already pretty simple- guitar solo during Invisible.

It's not that I'm getting pissed just about anything. It's that I paid big money to see an artist perform their songs LIVE. If I wanted playback I would rather spend my money on seeing concert movies at the cinema or at my parents' 60-inch screen. It's not the case: I earned and spent money to see them perform their songs live, and doing playback during a whole song just ruins the whole purpose.

And still it's much worse to mimic a whole vocal track than doing the backing chords to a solo.
  8. It's pretty bad no doubt about it. In the moment wasn't noticeable to me, to be honest, and even after people started pointing it out, it wasn't until after pouring over dozens of videos that maybe it seemed plausible.

Still not going to sell my tickets though.
  9. Of course, mimicking one song is no reason to sell tickets for a whole concert. It just degrades the band a little more to my eyes (and I guess many more).
  10. If you liked them, you'll probably still like them. If you disliked them, you'll probably dislike them a lot more.

Pretty much the standard response to anything these days.
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:If you liked them, you'll probably still like them. If you disliked them, you'll probably dislike them a lot more.

Pretty much the standard response to anything these days.
    I didn't "like" them... I loved them back in the day, believe me. I started losing interest when their music became, well, uninteresting to me. I wouldn't say I dislike them, not even now, but now listening to their music is basically one lame song after another lame song - whether it's plain boring, or too poppy and insipid, or just uninteresting.

I can play all of Parachutes and A Rush OBTTH, and many many X&Y, VLV and MX songs on guitar in a heartbeat, but nothing post-2011 has caught my attention enough to make me sit and learn it. Heck, I can't even name more than 5 songs from their past albums from the top of my head!

I am definitely an Oldplay fan.