1. Oceans is so great, along with Midnight and Magic this is going to be an incredible album. I think I read too much into the lyrics though and relating it to Chris's divorce so in my mind it draws comparison to Blood on the Tracks which makes it that much more appealing to me.
  2. This album is starting to sound like Coldplay's Unforgettable Fire, which is fucking fantastic.

(but let's be real, not in terms of quality )
  3. And then there is the shows they filmed in LA a few weeks ago thats gonna be on a tv special:
    From their website:

Filmed by Grammy-nominated director Paul Dugdale (Adele, Rolling Stones), Coldplay: Ghost Stories was recorded in a custom-built amphitheatre in front of an audience of 800 fans. The show blends a unique in-the-round performance from the band with cinematic vignettes and immersive 360-degree projections.

Confirmed broadcasts are as follows (with many more to come - including UK):

US: 18 May, 7pm ET/PT - NBC
    Canada: 18 May, 7pm ET/PT - NBC
    Italy: 19 May, 9.10pm - Sky Uno
    Spain: 19 May, 7.15pm - Canal+1
    France: 22 May, 11.25pm - France 2 in "Alcaline, le Concert"

And then the trailer, which looks and sounds phenomenal:

4. Nice!
  5. A show that involves a 360 degree concept? What a great idea!

6. haha, I thought the same. I was like... "Damn, now everything that contains or references 360 degrees stuff will be compared to U2".
  7. Avicii just said on Twitter that he worked on the new Coldplay single that is about to come out.
  8. Yeah you can hear a bit of it in that interview Chris Martin did with Zane Lowe, I really like it. Sounds like the sequel to Teardrop which is good for their live shows.

9. From bad to worse

I'll go and hide in my CP cave listening to Parachutes over and over and again.
  10. If Bono came out and said they are working with Avicii/Guetta for the new single, im not sure what id do..

Probably pinch myself, U2 releasing a new single? I must be dreaming.
  11. It goes from ASFOS to "O" which is beautiful IMO. It'll be a great album closer, and probably be one of their better works. The Zane Lowe interview was really good as well, I highly recommend watching it.

Meanwhile, "O". Apparently Apple Martin sings at the end of the song as part of the final 3 or so minutes (O part II)

https://soundcloud.com/vikientran3/o-snippet