1. I hate Bon Iver (unless he is used in a Kanye song) and I don't like this song either. Way too boring.
  2. hm.... this was definitely a curveball from CP!

i don't know how this would translate in a live setting.

and i'm not sure i need to hear it again either....
  3. ^ agree. One listen has been enough to me.
  4. Somehow I freakin' love it. And I don't know who the hell is Bon Iver.
  5. What the hell did I just watch/listen to?
  6. You just listened to Thom York with a London accent featuring Brian Eno (on drugs) playing 6 layers of keyboards and synths.
  7. HAHAHA for both of you....exactly my feelings
  8. LOVE IT, sounds like BON IVER <3
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:You just listened to Thom York with a London accent featuring Brian Eno (on drugs) playing 6 layers of keyboards and synths.

In fact, it's not a Brian Eno song.

The song was written and produced by Jon Hopkins, who also produced parts of 'Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends' and wrote 'Light Through the Veins' which was featured on 'Life in Technicolor' and 'Death and All His Friends'. Hopkins was special guest on a number of Coldplay shows in 2008. Last year he released his fourth studio album 'Immunity' to critical acclaim.

To me, 'Midnight' sounds like a Jon Hopkins song featuring Chris Martin. As you can probably tell, I like Jon Hopkins, so I like the song very much. I have no clue what the other Coldplay members contributed to the song though. After Mylo Xyloto, I felt like they went down the electronic path and had to go back to the stripped down Parachutes style for LP6. In my opinion, it is very interesting to hear a stipped down Coldplay track while expanding the electric influence.

https://twitter.com/Jon_Hopkins_/status/438360619113529345
  10. Very experimental song.

If we remember how their last work sounded, the impact is even bigger.

But maybe this is why I really enjoyed listening to it. They took the risk, and even if the result doesn't have that energy they showed us on their last 2 albums (which are my favorites), I'm glad they changed.