1. Agreed, well I guess from here til AB I am a fan of his hair. Nevertheless a kickass show. My dad was lucky enough to see them at the Amnesty concert.
  2. I remember trying (and failing) to get tickets or this gig. In those days it was tricky to get tickets for a concert in a different country.
  3. Originally posted by Anam:For a brief period of time, I would have sold my granny to buy that jacket with all those tassles. Great gig though. My favourite version of Bad ever. Has been re-broadcast on RTE a few times.

I remember this being broadcast on the night - 17 May 1986. At 8:24 "If you work, if you work for Anco or if you work for Manpower" - Bono, half the teenagers in the country were on AnCO schemes - me included. The Irish government didn't know what else to do with us. lol

Self-Aid was basically a fundraising effort to alleviate Ireland's then chronic unemployment problems. We all fled the country shortly after this.

Great performance by U2 though.
  4. Originally posted by Edi:I remember trying (and failing) to get tickets or this gig. In those days it was tricky to get tickets for a concert in a different country.
    In those days... Haha. Yup. That's when when "fan club pre-sale" was done by mail months in advance! Remember them well...
  5. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Agreed, well I guess from here til AB I am a fan of his hair. Nevertheless a kickass show. My dad was lucky enough to see them at the Amnesty concert.
    I saw Amnesty show in Atlanta. Amazing.

6. I Shall Be Released is my all time favourite U2 cover. There's a great version with Bob Dylan from one of the LA Forum shows in April 1987.

Great share, many thanks!
  7. Originally posted by daymo1202:[..]
    I Shall Be Released is my all time favourite U2 cover. There's a great version with Bob Dylan from one of the LA Forum shows in April 1987.

Great share, many thanks!
    BTW - Aran islands story still coming...
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Just revisiting this ...never saw this footage before (I only had a cassette tape )

- and why this is great, fast forward to aprox. 26:21 (Bad - snippets)

[YouTube Video]

BTW... I wish they still did this kind of announcements...

Skip forward to 38:12 and find out where Bono disappeared to during Bad - Denis Sheehan chasing after him lol