1. Great night in Manchester. They played Butterflies and Hurricanes and Space Dementia in the piano slot! Absolutely superb and I’ve not seen the latter since the OoS anniversary shows in 2011. Just wonderful. They also played Stockholm Syndrome! So happy to get it! I thought all hope was gone and they opened the encore with it. Knowing it was Absolution’s 20th anniversary really made the song hit different last night. I was quite emotional.

Overall, it was a mostly excellent night. I stand by my criticisms of the setlist which imo really hold this tour back from being a top tier Muse tour. For me, it’s a 8/10 performance with a 6/10 setlist. Stockholm was incredible as encore opener but Kill or be Killed (the highlight of the two shows I saw in summer) was dropped for it. This is insane to me on the WotP tour; they could have easily dropped Undisclosed Desires (which is rotated with Resistance) or Thought Contagion (which should be replaced with Verona as that song’s place is now the piano slot).

The band need to reevaluate their approach to their live sets. I can take one of Compliance (again, fair enough on its respective tour), Madness or Undisclosed Desires but there’s absolutely no need for all three of them in one show. Those songs, combined with the many vocal breaks for Matt, really knacker the pacing and suck all of the atmosphere out of the room. The interstitial breaks serve no purpose to the ‘narrative’ of the show and the band should just play some actual full-band instrumentals to save Matt’s voice (The Gallery, Forced In, Unsustainable). My friend who hasn’t seen them since 2016 thought it was the weakest set he’s seen them play and I can see where he’s coming from.

Despite the setlist woes, I’m very glad I saw them again. The band were on top form, very smiley and it was a great final show for me on this tour. Interested to see if they bring out some more Abso tunes for the London dates.
  2. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:Great night in Manchester. They played Butterflies and Hurricanes and Space Dementia in the piano slot! Absolutely superb and I’ve not seen the latter since the OoS anniversary shows in 2011. Just wonderful. They also played Stockholm Syndrome! So happy to get it! I thought all hope was gone and they opened the encore with it. Knowing it was Absolution’s 20th anniversary really made the song hit different last night. I was quite emotional.

Overall, it was a mostly excellent night. I stand by my criticisms of the setlist which imo really hold this tour back from being a top tier Muse tour. For me, it’s a 8/10 performance with a 6/10 setlist. Stockholm was incredible as encore opener but Kill or be Killed (the highlight of the two shows I saw in summer) was dropped for it. This is insane to me on the WotP tour; they could have easily dropped Undisclosed Desires (which is rotated with Resistance) or Thought Contagion (which should be replaced with Verona as that song’s place is now the piano slot).

The band need to reevaluate their approach to their live sets. I can take one of Compliance (again, fair enough on its respective tour), Madness or Undisclosed Desires but there’s absolutely no need for all three of them in one show. Those songs, combined with the many vocal breaks for Matt, really knacker the pacing and suck all of the atmosphere out of the room. The interstitial breaks serve no purpose to the ‘narrative’ of the show and the band should just play some actual full-band instrumentals to save Matt’s voice (The Gallery, Forced In, Unsustainable). My friend who hasn’t seen them since 2016 thought it was the weakest set he’s seen them play and I can see where he’s coming from.

Despite the setlist woes, I’m very glad I saw them again. The band were on top form, very smiley and it was a great final show for me on this tour. Interested to see if they bring out some more Abso tunes for the London dates.
    I was tremendously happy for you when I saw SS on the Manchester setlist - and to open the encore, no less! And then I saw Space Dementia too, which I guess nobody expected even after the handful of outings it experienced last year. Amazing stuff, so glad for you.

I perfectly understand the criticism towards the setlist. It's frankly disappointing that they insist on playing Undisclosed Desires 15 years after The Resistance (it wasn't even that big of a hit!). I think they want to reach out to the biggest amount of casuals or less hard-Muse fans in the crowd and play as many pop hits as they can, but for the rest of us it's a big bummer lol

London 1 last night was like Manchester but with Apocalypse (labelled "Apocolypse" in the written setlist lol) instead of Space Dementia and KOBK instead of SS to open the encore. Both changes to the worse if you ask me. Resistance also rotated with Undisclosed Desires, which is a win but not enough to make up for the other two. Let's see what night 2 brings, it's the end of the "regular" tour besides that hard rock festival they're poklaying in Mexico next month so who knows.
  3. I hope they will return with the WOTP tour in Europe. I had to get out of the line because I got sick. Walked away from the line a few minutes before the doors opened. Very sad. So I hope the tour returns maybe as indoor shows.
  4. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I hope they will return with the WOTP tour in Europe. I had to get out of the line because I got sick. Walked away from the line a few minutes before the doors opened. Very sad. So I hope the tour returns maybe as indoor shows.
    There were rumours about a 2024 indoors tour, I also hope they do it.
  5. I think they’ve got a few more dates left in them for sure. I could see some Asian and Australia stops in early 2024 and if they could swing by Europe on the way back, that’d be great.

Yep, same as Dublin for London last night. Being night 2 I feel the B+H slot has a chance for a mix up tonight…will it be Sing for Absolution or will they play SS there instead and not drop KOBK from the set?

Likely it’ll be Space Dementia again in the piano slot which is no bad thing! Outside chance of something like Sunburn? I feel it has more of a chance than RBS. Sunburn was actually last played live in 2016 at the same venue, I was there haha.
  6. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    I think they’ve got a few more dates left in them for sure. I could see some Asian and Australia stops in early 2024 and if they could swing by Europe on the way back, that’d be great.

Yep, same as Dublin for London last night. Being night 2 I feel the B+H slot has a chance for a mix up tonight…will it be Sing for Absolution or will they play SS there instead and not drop KOBK from the set?

Likely it’ll be Space Dementia again in the piano slot which is no bad thing! Outside chance of something like Sunburn? I feel it has more of a chance than RBS. Sunburn was actually last played live in 2016 at the same venue, I was there haha.
    One of Sunburn's only 2 outings since 2013 and one of the few shows opened by Reapers instead of Psycho! Wow.

I wouldn't like to see other than an Absolution surprise in the setlist. SFA would be amazing (it hasn't appeared since Shepherd's Bush '17, right?), RBS has never been a favorite of mine but it would be awesome too. But... How about the long-anticipated live debut of Falling Away With You, 20 years later?
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    One of Sunburn's only 2 outings since 2013 and one of the few shows opened by Reapers instead of Psycho! Wow.

I wouldn't like to see other than an Absolution surprise in the setlist. SFA would be amazing (it hasn't appeared since Shepherd's Bush '17, right?), RBS has never been a favorite of mine but it would be awesome too. But... How about the long-anticipated live debut of Falling Away With You, 20 years later?
    Yeah Sunburn is very much a rarity these days. RBS is in my top five, last played in 2012 as a one-off (where Matt did the ending G#4 in chest voice for the first and only time ever!)…I was lucky to catch it during the Resistance tour at Wembley. That’s right, SFA was bright back for SBE but hasn’t been played since 2007 before that. Dare I say it, I’m dreaming out loud for it to pop up tonight!

I’ve no idea why they never have FAWY a go, back on the T2L tour a video surfaced of them playing the riff backstage but it never came to be. Funnily enough, I think the 2013 stadium shows would have been the best time to bring back SFA/FAWY as it would’ve been the 10th anniversary of Absolution and Matt’s chest voice was at its strongest. I feel FAWY would be too much for him now…too many long, drawn out notes that would leave him knackered in 2023.
  8. Well, London 2 was just like Manchester but with SS replacing B&H and KOBK taking SS's spot to open the encore. A bit disappointing that they closed the tour without an additional nod to Absolution. Oh well.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:Well, London 2 was just like Manchester but with SS replacing B&H and KOBK taking SS's spot to open the encore. A bit disappointing that they closed the tour without an additional nod to Absolution. Oh well.
    Yeah a slight letdown there, was hoping for one more wildcard. Odd how Manchester is the only gif of the entire tour to miss KOBK! I must say these last few dates have been great, what a difference a couple of fan favourites make.

With the exception of one random metal festival in a few weeks’ time. London 2 was essentially the end of the WotP tour. The band just put up a post to confirm it’s essentially done.

Feels like this tour has come and gone in a flash.
  10. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]London 2 was essentially the end of the WotP tour. The band just put up a post to confirm it’s essentially done.

Oh wow, all our hopes and expectations gone with a bang No 2024 indoors then. Oh well, let's see what they have up their sleeves, it feels like the WOTP cycle has been a lil bit too short and I'd be surprised if they start working in a new album now. It'd be odd.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Oh wow, all our hopes and expectations gone with a bang No 2024 indoors then. Oh well, let's see what they have up their sleeves, it feels like the WOTP cycle has been a lil bit too short and I'd be surprised if they start working in a new album now. It'd be odd.
    Yeah, it's an odd one. I suppose they started touring last June so it's been well over a year. I suppose with the busy family lives they now lead, there's not quite as much of a desire to two for over two years straight like in previous eras.

Perhaps a slightly controversial opinion but next time...I'd like them to come back in a few years and just tour; no new album they have to stick to...just a good mix of venues (theatres to arenas) and a real re-evaluation of their approach to setlists. Maybe begin a show with Knights...or New Born...or Dead Star, they have so many options! If I'm being honest, if you saw the band play ten years ago, the vast majority of the show is the same in 2023. I could go on and on about this.

I'd also like them to play all of their songs a half step down, like Metallica do. I was very glad to see some rare songs in Manchester but 20 songs (especially at today's ticket prices) just isn't enough to fit everything in. They need to up the number of songs but help save Matt's voice some more.
  12. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    With the exception of one random metal festival in a few weeks’ time. London 2 was essentially the end of the WotP tour. The band just put up a post to confirm it’s essentially done.

Nooo, the first tour I missed since 2013