1. I'm trying to remember if Muse has any decent songs that use an acoustic... Unintended?
  2. That's actually a Spanish guitar.

City Of Delusion, Soldier's Poem and Shine spring to mind.
  3. I can imagine a lot of songs played acoustic. But why? It's like steak without meat...
  4. We were talking about songs that were composed/recorded mainly on acoustic guitar, not "regular" songs translated into acoustic setting. They have done that for several songs that you wouldn't imagine (specially Muscle Museum and Sunburn) and the result isn't that bad:

5. Ah I guess they do have some.

Still I find it more likely for Muse to put out a song with a full symphony orchestra as opposed to an acoustic guitar. Regardless, it'll mean some new material from them I hope.
  6. I think (and, to a certain degree, hope) they're past the orchestra time I'd really really really like to see a more stripped down album soon, not necessarily acoustic, but more like 3+½ guys doing what they do best with less post-producing and less grandiosity.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:I think (and, to a certain degree, hope) they're past the orchestra time I'd really really really like to see a more stripped down album soon, not necessarily acoustic, but more like 3+½ guys doing what they do best with less post-producing and less grandiosity.
    and some heavy songs...

8. Of course! Dead Star, Assassin (the Omega Bosses mix if possible), Futurism, Micro Cuts, heavy songs, not over produced, just 3 guys banging their instruments as hard as possible. I'm up for that too!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:I think (and, to a certain degree, hope) they're past the orchestra time I'd really really really like to see a more stripped down album soon, not necessarily acoustic, but more like 3+½ guys doing what they do best with less post-producing and less grandiosity.
    When I think of Muse putting out something more stripped down, I immediately think of Explorers (which ironically also has orchestral input). Come to think of it, I actually like Explorers quite a bit in all regards.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Of course! Dead Star, Assassin (the Omega Bosses mix if possible), Futurism, Micro Cuts, heavy songs, not over produced, just 3 guys banging their instruments as hard as possible. I'm up for that too!
    I would add Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, MK Ultra (even if there is some more production), Hysteria, Reapers, Handler... maybe In Your World too