1. I really hope its a back to basics album. They are such great musicians and the last 2 albums really didn't showcase that. I still can't get into 2nd law. Not a good album. Although Animals is my fave song from them in a while.
  2. Yeah. Even as a new fan of the band, the last two albums did next to nothing for me. I suppose they were going for some sort of "concept" with them but I think they need to think about the individual songs this time around as there are so many great ones from their first four albums.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:Yeah. Even as a new fan of the band, the last two albums did next to nothing for me. I suppose they were going for some sort of "concept" with them but I think they need to think about the individual songs this time around as there are so many great ones from their first four albums.

Exactly. I like 5 songs from their last 2 albums. Not good
  4. Yeah, they definitely need to abandon the "concept album" ideas since it's obvious it hasn't given good results. Only 3 songs from The Resistance classify as "superb / very good", and just 2 from The 2nd Law. MUSE is absolutely NOT worth that. They did much better albums when they just wrote one great song after another. Even Black Holes and Showbiz, which are both widely regarded as "bland" or "not so great as their greatest 2" have more superb songs on each own than their last 2 albums combined. A shame. I wish the "back to basics" statements by Chris and Matt come to fruition for the next album.

A 20th anniversary tour would've been nice though
  5. Proshot of a truly epic show. Argentina 2008.

One of the best ways of spending 91 minutes of your life. Do yourselves a favour and go listen/watch it.

6. Just thought I'd add the setlist to the above show - quite solid, indeed.

1. Dance of the Knights 0:00
    2. Knights of Cydonia 01:45
    3. Hysteria 08:16
    4. Map of the Problematique 13:35
    5. Supermassive Black Hole 18:55
    6. Fury 23:24
    7. New Born + Headup Riff + Ashamed Outro 29:00
    8. Butterflies & Hurricanes 37:09
    9. Apocalypse Please 43:16
    10. Space Dementia 48:17
    11. Osaka Jam 55:13
    12. Invincible 58:39
    13. Starlight 01:04:02
    14. Burning Bridges + TIme Is Running Out 1:08:16
    15. Plug In Baby 01:13:16

Encore
    16. Stockholm Syndrome 01:18:20
    17. Take a Bow 01:26:28

Thanks for posting, Sergio!
  7. I don't like Take A Bow and I've made this point abundantly clear through the years But this show is SO good that I even enjoy Take A Bow closing!!! This show is like a doped up version of HAARP.
  8. My thoughts exactly...a lot of the HAARP "Filler" has been removed.

Still no "Bliss" but what are you gonna do.
  9. Yep. Replace Osaka Jam with Bliss and you got one of the best if not the best post-2005 show
  10. I suppose there isn't anything out there with this quality that has all of the essential songs AND Bliss.

Reading 2006 comes very, very close - but no Apocalypse Please in that set and its one of my favourites.

11. Which color?
  12. Brown. The white on the red shirt might turn pink if you know nothing about doing the laundry. Ruined my U2360° shirt.