1. Damn, this sounds incredible... trance and metal, wawawewa...

Yeah indeed a bit like Levitate, which I like... But with trance influences maybe also a little bit like POP...

2 albums would be really great after waiting long...

Just hope to hear something soon (know thats not gonna happen)
  2. can't wait to hear some new material!!!
  3. it's not all bull, ATYCLB and HTDAAB both probably started out the way Bono described, but the direction of the album changes as the songs progress.....I cant wait to hear it no matter what it sounds like.....
  4. Originally posted by argyle_g

"U2 in dancefloor shock!" joked Bono. "Normally when you play a U2 tune, it clears the dancefloor. And that may not be true of this. There's some trance influences. But there's some very hardcore guitar coming out of The Edge. Real molten metal. It's not like anything we've ever done before, and we don't think it sounds like anything anyone else has done either."

dosent sound like Mercy would fit in with this
  5. Originally posted by U2sBiggestFan[..]

Well, there's a lot of guitar on it and there's a sort of 'dancey' feel to it, so it may do. Especially after they've finished working on it.

Might just become a lost treasure for us fans though.
  6. Originally posted by U2sBiggestFan[..]

I think the 'trancey' stuff is in there, the guitar sound is quite 'spheric'.
  7. So what do you get if you mix Van Buuren with Metallica and U2??
  8. I hope that they will 'dream it all up again", again. I like the last two albums but they were a bit 'safe'.

Before HTDAAB they spoke of getting back to their punk roots and listening and being inspired by Echo And The Bunnymen, The Jam, The Ramones and The Clash. And that lead to them getting Chris Thomas, who produced The Sex Pistols. But the end product was a bit 'watered down' compared to what was said of the songs and the influence.

Hopefully, they will do something different but great - Like Achtung Baby and Zooropa and Pop were - in my view. (Others will obviously disagree).
  9. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979I hope that they will 'dream it all up again", again. I like the last two albums but they were a bit 'safe'.

Before HTDAAB they spoke of getting back to their punk roots and listening and being inspired by Echo And The Bunnymen, The Jam, The Ramones and The Clash. And that lead to them getting Chris Thomas, who produced The Sex Pistols. But the end product was a bit 'watered down' compared to what was said of the songs and the influence.

Hopefully, they will do something different but great - Like Achtung Baby and Zooropa and Pop were - in my view. (Others will obviously disagree).

Agree with you. I love ATYCLB and HTDAAB(less love for that one, but still..), but when you hear several B-sides from HTDAAB, I wonder why they didn't put it on the album?? Like the alternative version of Yahweh, which is much better. Native Son also sounds more raw...Levitate is also good. Much better than A Man And A Woman, for example. They really played it on safe.
  10. Originally posted by MWSAHI think it's gonna sound like Levitate or somethin'...

Not at all, I'm sure.

11. to recapture the north american audience, U2 needs to re-explore the material that built that audience.

i know more people here in the north american midwest who still say that they either peaked with "sunday bloody sunday" , "new year's day" in 1983 or with "streets" in 1987. these are the people who wore black t-shirts through most of the 1980s, or still do.

there is an audience there for true rock and roll. they currently (sadly) listen to country music (alongside led zeppelin, green day. and metallica) because it is the only mainstream format that resembles "rock" here any more. Emo doesn't. Hip-Hop doesn't. swedish produced bubble-gum-train-wreck-teeny-bopper rehab pop doesn't. ATYCLB doesn't. as i recall "beautiful day" was an "adult contemporary" hit here in the US. some of us even shelved it as "lifestyle music" or even worse, "Starbucks music."

"Vertigo" managed to rein in some new listeners and was downloaded often, but the core listenership of "rock" in the US is hungry for real rock'n'roll, and the rolling stones aren't getting any younger. U2 needs to deliver, and deliver big.

anything else will certainly play well on my own ipod, as well as in the asian, european, and south american markets, as "zooropa" and "pop" did and still do. some of my favorite songs of the 1990s are on these two albums. heck, i even love the remixes. but as i watch the brilliant "joshua tree" deluxe edition DVD i recall that this was also a period of experimentation, running AGAINST the grain of the music of 1987, which as i recall, was madonna, duran duran, and falco. i am afraid that this 'direction' bono speaks of will quickly be shelved with the last two Sting records, of which the material and influence (and geography) was similar. remember "Desert Rose?" heck, has anyone listened to Brian Eno / David Byrne's "my life in the bush of ghosts" lately? this isn't NEW TERRITORY. rather, it is fast becoming the mainstream of the pan-european music market, and a comfortable corner of the adult contemporary market in north america. but not rock. we need rock. america needs ROCK!!!!.

that said, bono promised to north american audiences in 1993 upon acceptance of "best alternative album" for zooropa that u2 would continue to "f*** up the mainstream."

i hope he keeps this promise. i guess the music will tell. if U2 produces a real, raw, hard, rock'n'roll record, then they will.
  12. That sounds so exciting, now how long is this going to take Bono? why dont they ask that question?