1. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

yup. I know they did in Boston....it was a BRT show.

They played it quite frequently on the first leg.....Glendale, Chicago, etc.
  2. Originally posted by yuri31[..]

AMAZING

awesome... would be something if they gonna play The Fly like they did on the Elevation Tour... that solo rocks the hell out of me... but vertigo tour style has some more agression.
  3. Originally posted by dieder[..]

awesome... would be something if they gonna play The Fly like they did on the Elevation Tour... that solo rocks the hell out of me...

totally agree
  4. Originally posted by haytrainDreamed last night that I was in the studio with the band. Bono asked me if I could do some auxiliary drumming to back up Larry on a few songs. Of course I said "sure" and listened to them play one of their new songs. I didn't want to interrupt, so I didn't ask Bono or Larry what they wanted me to play, but just enjoyed the new song.

After that song was done, they broke into "Gloria." I tried to get someone's attention so that I could join in and play with them on a drumset, but they were all in the moment that no one looked up at me. Well, except for Larry. He shot me a dirty look. After the song was over, Bono, Edge, and Adam left the studio pretty quickly. I went over and asked Larry if he needed any help taking his drumset apart (just trying to be helpful!) and he glared at me again and said that he didn't need my help. He then told me that they've been playing a song like Gloria for so long that he didn't need any auxiliary drumming at all and that Bono was just being nice by offering to let me play with the band.

And then I woke up.

I wonder what Freud would have to say about this...
  5. Originally posted by zooey[..]

I wonder what Freud would have to say about this...

Far too much in the way of crap

I don't think even he could apply the Oedipus complex to this particular dream lol...

(PS - actually, on second thoughts, he probably could but it would be more farfetched than usual...)
  6. Last night, I had a dream that:

Originally posted by my
    I was at school, and I was going around the back to try and get inside before the other students (that way, the halls won't be so freaking crowded). Then, outside the doors, I see Bono and Edge standing outside the locked doors, with a guitar case by each of them. No one else was around. As soon as I saw them, I ducked behind a bush. I said to myself "Should I say 'Hi'? No, they probabally don't want to be bothered, they look like their frustrated with something. Should I help?". So, I got up (making sure they didn't see me), they were looking at they're phones, then looking up, as if they were waiting for something, or someone. I casually walked over (but in my head was dancing over lol) and asked "Is there something I can help you guys with?" Bono (wearing his green cap, and a green pants and shirt to match, with his pink Vertigo shades) said "Yeah, Paul said that we would be able to get in through this door, and dropped us off." Edge (wearing his "Music Rising" Tee, with his Converses and Black jeans) finished for Bono, saying "But this door is locked. We cant go in the fron entrance because of all the people." Then I asked what they were here for (already knowing that they were doing some sort of promo for the new album). Edge said "We're gonna play a few songs." I then introduced myself, and told them what a huge fan I am. Then Bono said "Really? I never see any kids your age at our concerts." Then I reply "Oh my god, I love the new album! Moment of Surrender will be awsome live!" Edge replied with laughter (sort of like "laid-back" kind of laughter, that made me smile.) Bono said "How will we get in?" sounding worried. I took out a large text book from my backpack, and smashed a nearby bathroom window. "Just a second" I said before climbing in. I opened the doors, and showed them to the auditorium, and then to where they can set up. Once there, Bono took out his cell, and dialed a number. "Whats your name?" he said. "eh.... Nick" I replied, so worried ans star sruck that nearly passed out. he then said the name into the phone and said hung up. "You wanna hang out with us today?" Bono asked. "Yeah, deffinatey!" I replied, trying to not sound over-anxious. I looked at Edge while he took out a guitar. I then saw the Gibson SJ-200 (the acoustic Bono used during "SYCMIOYO" on the HTDAAB bonus DVD) emerge from the case. I couldn't help but notice that the B string was broken. We were in the music room, so I searched for strings. "What size are on the 200?" I asked from across the room. "I think I put on 12s." Edge replied. I searched for about 20 seconds before finding a set. I walked back to Edge, took them out ans put them on while He and Bono spoke. He came back, right after I finished.
    "Oh, thanks man. (sounding a bit excited) You play?"
    "Yeah, a little over a year now"
    "Cool"
    I smiled, then noticed Bono had started taking out his Black ZOO TV guitar. I just stood, staring at it. I then looked at the clock on the wall, noticing that it was already 1:00 pm.
    "When do you guys go on?" I asked.
    "I think Paul said half past.... right Edge?"
    "Arrgh..... just call him." Edge replied.
    Bono took out his phone, and dialed a number.
    "Yeah, half past" he said, after hanging up.
    "Is there anything I can get for you guys?" I asked.
    "I'm all set. Bono?" Edge replied.
    "Um, where is the restroom? Bono asked.
    "Out the hall, to the left. First door." I said pointing to the door.
    "Thanks."
    Once Bono left the room, Edge asked
    "Do you wanna play a few songs with us?"
    In my head, I was screaming at the top of my lungs (in a good way...... sort like a girl lol)
    "Yeah sure, what songs did you have in mind?" I replied, trying to sound nonchalant.
    "Um...... Stay? and eh............ Love is all we have left?"
    "Okay, but for Love, do want me to do just chords or the finger picking? I asked.
    "Chords, okay?"
    "You got it."
    Bono had came back.
    "Can he use your guitar for Stay and Love?" Edge asked Bono.
    "Yeah, sure. Actually, I have a hard time around the chorus with the Dsus4." Bono replied.
    "Guys, you have no idea how special this is for me. Thanks so much!" I said.
    *laughs from the both of them, again, the sort of "laid-back ones* "Don't worry about it." Edge replied.
    Bono's phone rings. He answers it, then says "yup." after a few seconds, and hangs up.
    "Edge, we've got 5." He says.
    Edge got a pick, handed it to Bono, then one to me, and took one for himself.

We made our way to the stage. I then took a seat by my friends.
    "Quigs! Where were you!?" Andrew, and friend of mine asked excitedly.
    "Did YOU skip!?" the OTHER Andrew asked.
    "Calm down guys, I was helping them setup."
    "Is that Bono?" my friend Curtis asked.
    "You bet. And thats Edge." I replied, pointing to Edge.
    The Principal announced that we were having guests. They started playing SBS, however, with the little "Stairway to Heaven" snippet I like to play on the acoustic before SBS. Bono then asked me to come on stage.
    "YOU!!!???" Curtis asked in excitement.
    "Fuck yeah, man!" I replied.

I made my way up, gave Bono a man hug lol, and shook Edge's hand. Bono handed me his Guitar, and Edge wispered "Stay" to me.

We started playing Stay. We finished my little set (with a HUGE applause from the students, and my friends standing up claping, and yelling), and they played "In God's Country", "Desire", "SATS", and "Yahweh" to close. (and, Bono actually played Guitar lol!)

I followed them back to the room where they set up, and help them pack up, and make they're way outside to a Black Mercedes. Before they got inside, I pulled out my phone, and asked for a picture.

"Sure" they said in Unison.

I took the pic, put the guitars in the trunk and closed the back door.

Disclaimer:

I have no idea what "Love is all we have left" sounds like. I don't even know if it will be on the album.

Pretty fecking awsome in my opinion
  7. WOW. That was an awesome read--damn, lucky you for dreaming in such detail! Thanks for sharing.
  8. I had a dream last night that I was in some taxi with Larry lol

9. thanks! I'm very surprised at how much I remembered. I very rarely remember any dreams.
  10. I wonder if any member of U2's ever seen topics such as this one on a site like this. It must be pretty incredible reading about people all around the world who occasionally dream of you
  11. Originally posted by carlibengarli:I wonder if any member of U2's ever seen topics such as this one on a site like this. It must be pretty incredible reading about people all around the world who occasionally dream of you

"If you were of sound mind you could feel normal without 70,000 people a night screaming their love for you."

Bono, U2 by U2