1. Why would anyone go to see a U2 tribute/cover band and/or be in one of those tribute bands. You could be seeing a real U2 concert and/or you could be in your own band.
  2. Bob, you definitely have no idea of anything
  3. Originally posted by bobplaysthedrums:Why would anyone go to see a U2 tribute/cover band and/or be in one of those tribute bands. You could be seeing a real U2 concert and/or you could be in your own band.

Yep, I don't get it either. - But to each his own.
  4. U2 concert - 35--200€ per ticket + the trip (they play 2 or 3 cities per country, not everyone lives in those cities) + hotel, food, etc.
    U2 tribute - less than 15€ per ticket + 1€ of bus/subway (these bands usually play in your own city).

U2 concert - mostly known setlist, the same songs you've heard plenty of times.
    U2 tribute - less known songs, sometimes songs U2 hasn't performed ever.

U2 concert - one time each 4 years.
    U2 tribute - one time each 4 months.

U2 tribute parties and cocnerts are great chances to proudly show your U2 freak-ness, meet your U2 friends (if you have them) and know some other great fans. Of course, the real thing is always better (and I would never deny that, God forbid), but what better can you do in the middle of two U2 concerts?

I'd much rather go to a tribute concert than criticising it from my desktop!!! (but to each their own, of course)
  5. Well, I've seen 2 or 3 tribute bands. They do nothing for me. That's it.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:U2 concert - 35--200€ per ticket + the trip (they play 2 or 3 cities per country, not everyone lives in those cities) + hotel, food, etc.
    U2 tribute - less than 15€ per ticket + 1€ of bus/subway (these bands usually play in your own city).

U2 concert - mostly known setlist, the same songs you've heard plenty of times.
    U2 tribute - less known songs, sometimes songs U2 hasn't performed ever.

U2 concert - one time each 4 years.
    U2 tribute - one time each 4 months.

U2 tribute parties and cocnerts are great chances to proudly show your U2 freak-ness, meet your U2 friends (if you have them) and know some other great fans. Of course, the real thing is always better (and I would never deny that, God forbid), but what better can you do in the middle of two U2 concerts?

I'd much rather go to a tribute concert than criticising it from my desktop!!! (but to each their own, of course)

The U2 tributes are for and by the crazy fans so of course they would play a great amount of rarer songs, but there's nothing quite right about the shows.

Q: What better can you do in the middle of two U2 concerts?
    A: Watch your U2 DVDs and listen to the bootlegs you've just downloaded from U2Start.
  7. Why not? A couple of devoted fans who play some great songs to a bunch of other devoted fans and let them have a great evening. What's wrong with that? They don't pretend to be the actual U2, they just want to have and to let have fun
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:Why not? A couple of devoted fans who play some great songs to a bunch of other devoted fans and let them have a great evening. What's wrong with that? They don't pretend to be the actual U2, they just want to have and to let have fun

It's not really my idea of a great evening, but I don't like the idea of a tribute band. And I think tribute bands do pretend to be the 'real thing', but it doesn't work because they look nothing alike.
  9. I don't think they pretend it. They just love U2 like you and me do, but they have their own way to show their love. I as a musician and as a devoted U2 fan would personally love to be able to play in a U2 tribute band. Not as a lifestyle, of course, but as a hobby and a joyful way to spend some weekends. Anyway,

10. Went to see Achtung Baby a week ago, in my opinion they are the best U2 tribute band and have been going for 15 years, great band.
    Check them out at http://www.achtungbaby.co.uk

WIRE
  11. The version of vertigo on their website video sounds awful. sounds like they are using toy instruments