1. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    that's one of my favorite songs ever, so I'm fairly sure I know exactly what he sings:
    "Ohseesayohsayseyawoboisaaah!osaysayoahsaayabaishaaaah! seesaysehoaboiseeeeeh!
    You know and no one told you how..."
    Hmm. What do you know, I was close.
  2. Time to dust this old baby off.

I thought Gone was 'goodbye, you can keep this suit of lies' rather than 'lights', which I think works better honestly. And the Pop version, 'Goodbye, it's unfortunate, goodnight' - didn't know it was 'Goodbye, no emotional goodnight' until I heard the 1990-2000 remix.
  3. In live performances of In A Little While, Bono clearly sings "I won't be blown by every breeze." And this is what it says in the lyric book of ATYCLB, too. Why, then, on the album version of the song does it sound like he sings "I won't blow by every breeze." Just an unfortunate mess-up - due to Bono still being hungover? - that they left on the recording? It always kinda annoys me when I listen to the song, cause I love this song.
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:In live performances of In A Little While, Bono clearly sings "I won't be blown by every breeze." And this is what it says in the lyric book of ATYCLB, too. Why, then, on the album version of the song does it sound like he sings "I won't blow by every breeze." Just an unfortunate mess-up - due to Bono still being hungover? - that they left on the recording? It always kinda annoys me when I listen to the song, cause I love this song.
    I always thought he was saying 'be blown by every breeze' but just slurring it, with virtually no emphasis on the 'be' - his voice was shite on ATYCLB so I can see it
  5. Speaking of ATYCLB, it had no idea until a couple of months ago that the 'What is soul? Love me, give me soul' part was even in English. I had this idea it was Italian or something.

....Aaaaaand now it's one of my favourite bits in any song ever. Also one of the only points on the album when Bono's voice is pretty strong.
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Speaking of ATYCLB, it had no idea until a couple of months ago that the 'What is soul? Love me, give me soul' part was even in English. I had this idea it was Italian or something.

....Aaaaaand now it's one of my favourite bits in any song ever. Also one of the only points on the album when Bono's voice is pretty strong.
    What song is that on?
  7. City of Blinding Lights:
    They're advertising in the skies
    For people like Gus

And I'm always like "Yeah Gus!!!"
  8. Gus Van Sant likes your comment.
  9. I always heard a line in A Sort of Homecoming as "See will die and live again" rather than "She will die and live again" - as in the concept of will dying and being reborn in the people described elsewhere in the song. Always seemed to fit well to me!
  10. In The Real Thing I hear: You're honey child to a shawarma beach instead of You're honey child to a swarm of bees