1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

We've had some issues last night due to an attack on the network we are hosting, all should be fine again

Today it was ok all day
  2. Hi,

I haven't been on the site for a while, but last days it seems to be loading quite slowy here. Read : it takes 20 to 30 seconds to load everytime I click on a new page.
    This is kinda odd because every other website loads immediately.
    I'm using Google Chrome, but Mozilla Firefox or Explorer won't do the trick either.
    Does anyone have any ideas what the "problem" might be or where I could go looking for the source of it ?
    Thanks in advance

Glenn
  3. That's weird Glenn! No problems here, all works very steady and smoothly. Heard no other complaints either, did you try from a mobile connection just to be sure?
  4. Yeah Sergio told me that it works fine for the rest of you so it can't have anything to do with your servers or software...
    If you mean using a tablet or iphone/smartphone, I don't own that, just a laptop.
    Could there some sort of proxy maybe ?
  5. Yeah maybe, very difficult to figure out.. Any other connection you could try it from, or maybe ask a friend nearby?

How does http://munch.e-dot.nl load for you? Same server. Just to make sure it isn't the website.
  6. That loaded within a second...
    Ok I'll try another computer as soon as I can !
    Maybe the site doesn't like my return

7. Nah, we would ban you and avoid all the hassle

8. Hmm I'm not so sure about that...
    That would be a short pain, this annoys the hell out of me
  9. Hey guys...there seems to be something wrong with the forum search function. Some topics don't show up in the results. The other day I was looking for the U2 Thoughts topic, I typed in Thoughts and it did load a few results, but not the one I wanted. Today I saw Ronnie complain of the same thing about the REM topic in general chat, and it's true, can't find the REM topic either. It works for some topics tho, such as this one! I ended up searching on google for both REM and U2 Thoughts.
    Any ideas?
  10. The 'thoughts' search works fine here. As for REM its a bit tricky, by default most search engines on the net filter out keywords of 3 characters or less.

A better search engine has been on our todo list for quite some time now. But we just didnt get around it yet.
  11. weird, it's working now for me too, it juse takes some time to load apparently...sorry, guess I bothered you over nothing Chris
  12. Nah, short band names like Aha or REM are tought to search, I end up doing "site:u2start.com + keyword" searches in Google too