1. 10/13 is interesting, 2 complete and stable cameras on youtube, , and one of them has a very good sound . ( Better than the released audio recording here among me ) + Chrisedge shots, few but good cameras .

2. I must have missed where I was asked about using my footage.
  3. well I'm not sure to have motivation to have this debate again, like 20 years ago , 15 years ago , 10 years ago and again 5 years ago !!

"Rules are made to be broken" . As soon as you enter illegal material in a Sphere or an Arena or a Stadium, audio or video , you break lots of rules . no ?
    So you can try to build your own rules then for your own material, why not, and they will be broken, of course ! That's life, that's human ! Your best solution is not to share anything anymore, audio or video, and you will have the good surprise not to find them shared remastered or edited on other places

Here in France we have the "mid-full glass" and the "mid-empty glass'" expression .

If you want to see the mid-empty glass, so you will insurge against people who used your stuff without asking . So here, I would have certainly contacted you if I had found motivation to make a full project with this show . But I haven't !! So for the few titles I edited, I will just share them on my youtube channel in low 1080, not on a future 4K bluray on a torrent website. So I let your watermark ( as you know I could have deleted it with an AI easily) and I mention you in the description, it's already a kind of respect . But feel it like you want .
    You can also decide to see the mid-full glass : the project looks not so bad, 3 good cameras, and you could purpose me to send me your original stuff or better quality and no watermark, to build a 4K bluray instead . But if you prefer a new fight among fans , why not . And infact I'm not surprised and it's the main reason why I'm not on U2 communities anymore Thanx for your youtube videos anyway bye
  4. it sounds very kind not to use AI to withdraw the mention of someone else's work

the above proposal is made by a genuine nobleman
  5. Originally posted by billcarter:it sounds very kind not to use AI to withdraw the mention of someone else's work

the above proposal is made by a genuine nobleman
    Agreed. Not crediting is bad enough, let alone actively removing all evidence of the original creator.
  6. I'll stand by the point that it's not cool to co-opt somebody else's hard work without permission. Achtungpop is correct that there's a certain practical nature about once it's released, you don't have any control over it anymore. Still, I think you should ask for permission and do right by the original taper/filmer. The logical conclusion is the taper/filmer just refuses to share stuff publicly, which has happened many times in past.
  7. All I will say is...I've done YouTube mixes. I ALWAYS reached out before releasing anything and at least given the person a chance to reply. Always. Now, often you don't hear anything, even from fans that are still involved with stuff. But I can always say, I tried. I try and get OG footage too. But none of that was done. It's far faster to reach out to me, and get a reply on one of my videos or send me a YT message, than it is to edit one song.

Believe it or NOT, I am breaking ZERO rules. I make money from my YouTube page, and so does the bands I record. So no, there isn't anything "illegal" about what I am doing. HOWEVER, what you are doing, IS illegal. You are taking my recordings, which I own, and are using them without permission. I get copyright violation notices from YouTube about people like you. I could have actually killed these video through YouTube because they alert me when people reuse/include my videos in their channel. I spared yours, because at least you are creating something that isn't 100% my video. (It tells me the percentage you used!) Again, all of this is legal, I get paid on those U2 videos. (Some of them). And by you sharing "duplicates" of my stuff, I can lose potential $$ as well.

That said, do what you want. All we have is our reputation and I know I have mine as a cranky, watermark using, old man.
  8. My youtube channel is unmoneytized for years because of copyright claims on EVERY music video I posted ( due to audio and not video I guess). I'm suprised you can be moneytized with this kind of stuff. But good for you, and your watermark and the fact i mentionned you gives you free ads. But I'm interested to know how you are moneytized.
    Anyway I made lots of multicams projects contacting every youtuber to have original files. And if no answers i did not use else the torrent websites would have not accepted the final project.
    Here its just for fun. And not PM on YouTube anymore. So yes i Can mention you under one or your video but infact. No motivation.
  9. Originally posted by achtungpop:My youtube channel is unmoneytized for years because of copyright claims on EVERY music video I posted ( due to audio and not video I guess). I'm suprised you can be moneytized with this kind of stuff. But good for you, and your watermark and the fact i mentionned you gives you free ads. But I'm interested to know how you are moneytized.
    Anyway I made lots of multicams projects contacting every youtuber to have original files. And if no answers i did not use else the torrent websites would have not accepted the final project.
    Here its just for fun. And not PM on YouTube anymore. So yes i Can mention you under one or your video but infact. No motivation.
    You don't get anything you still get copyrighted claims but money goes to the people who have a right ro the audio.
  10. U2 still has the right to their own image. If U2 does not give his consent, it is illegal and therefore forbidden. Lawsuit, copyright infringement, injunction. Jail, fine, etc. It doesn't matter whether you are guilty or innocent, only the punishment. Lie in court under perjury, because telling the truth in the courtroom unfortunately never leads to freedom. Accordingly, all moving images taken with a cell phone are illegal. U2 also ensures that by purchasing a ticket, recordings can be made at a concert. This continues with the lyricist and the composer. They also pocket the money for it on YouTube. Small animals make messes too. Recording the IEM is also illegal. Security caught one once. It was wired from top to bottom. There was also a music group that sued YouTube because of the multicam versions.