1. The one from the 66th Grammy with the single player and the continuity connection errors is a very good example of how a band's image destroys itself. The constant change of Edge's guitar in a song and the changing clothes of Adam Clayton. Who can say that about himself? I love continuity errors.

2. He still signs off on all of this.
  3. I’m surprised no one’s pointed it out. The majority of “rehearsal footage” is actually just from the atomic city music video shoot. Adam has a beard in many spots from then.
  4. As far as I counted correctly, The Edge changes guitar three times in the Atomic City recording without making a mistake once. Especially since the key of the guitars would have to sound different. Adam Clayton changes bass 4 or 5 times. Adam Clayton's shoes also alternate in the song without getting caught in the belt. Puh! Who the hell put this together? This even tops Vetri.
  5. Doubt that I think it's Edge and Bono that make all the decisions especially in the last 10 years ,SOS was essentially an Edge solo project I can't see all 4 thinking re recording their old material was a good idea and doing a Vegas residency is probably the last thing Larry would ever want to do.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Doubt that I think it's Edge and Bono that make all the decisions especially in the last 10 years ,SOS was essentially an Edge solo project I can't see all 4 thinking re recording their old material was a good idea and doing a Vegas residency is probably the last thing Larry would ever want to do.[YouTube Video]
    I think that quote is out of context in regards to the Sphere. Here, I think Larry is referring to Vegas as the place artists go to to retire and become caricatures of themselves. U2 obviously has no signs of retiring and the Vegas stint is almost over so I don't think using this clip as ammo for trying to prove Larry didn't sign off on all this is a tired attempt.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Doubt that I think it's Edge and Bono that make all the decisions especially in the last 10 years ,SOS was essentially an Edge solo project I can't see all 4 thinking re recording their old material was a good idea and doing a Vegas residency is probably the last thing Larry would ever want to do.[YouTube Video]
    SOS definitely started as an Edge solo project. Larry Mullen still signed off on it before it was sent for release, and was still part of the final decision making process. He’s also on the album.

He also signed off on Las Vegas, regardless of what some 13 year old clip might suggest. All four of them signed off on doing it then his opportunity to get his body fixed came up. He’s still been involved in rehearsals, the program, some of the other decisions around the show, and getting Bram ready to temporarily replace him, and a new song to celebrate Vegas every night.

It might surprise you just how much Larry signs off on (or the other three for that matter) and just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean all four of them didn’t sign off on the final project we got.
  8. There’s a bit in Bono’s Surrender show where he jokes about people thinking he is the leader of U2 - “I wish!” he scoffs. He goes on to explain that U2 is a democracy in which the other three each think that they are the leader of U2. I have no doubt that nothing gets done without input and approval from Larry, even when he is at home recuperating.
  9. i did not have any expectation about this perfomance on grammy's, atomic city doesn't excite me at all