1. Personally the one that's never done anything for me is Babyface...no real depth to the lyrics, don't like the music, the tempo, etc. Red Light used to be a candidate as well, but I think I dislike Babyface more. Pulling up in a distant third is When I Look at the World.
  2. I feel bad doing this but, for me, the worst song on each album:
    Boy - Shadows and Tall Trees
    October - Is That All?
    War - Red Light (The Refugee is a close second)
    UF - 4th of July
    JT -Trip Through Your Wires
    R&H - When Love Comes To Town (that live version of Silver and Gold is pretty crap, too)
    AB - refuse to pick one
    Zooropa - Some Days are Better Than Others
    Pop - Playboy Mansion
    ATYCLB - Grace
    HTDAAB - A Man and A Woman
    NLOTH - White As Snow
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991[..]

I can understand this/
    But somehow...

[..]

Really? It isn't a bad song at all....

For whatever reason, I have just never liked this song.
  4. Originally posted by RUMMYI feel bad doing this but, for me, the worst song on each album:
    Boy - Shadows and Tall Trees
    October - Is That All?
    War - Red Light (The Refugee is a close second)
    UF - 4th of July
    JT -Trip Through Your Wires
    R&H - When Love Comes To Town (that live version of Silver and Gold is pretty crap, too)
    AB - refuse to pick one
    Zooropa - Some Days are Better Than Others
    Pop - Playboy Mansion
    ATYCLB - Grace
    HTDAAB - A Man and A Woman
    NLOTH - White As Snow

I don't really disagree with much of anything on your list. Only thing I would say is for my taste Miami is much worse than Playboy Mansion which actually gets decent at the end. Miami is just awful start to finish. The When Love Comes to Town seems an odd choice on an album that includes Freedom for my People and All Along the Watchtower.
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:I don't know if I would consider "Pride" as the worst U2 song but maybe the one that has run its course and should not be played again for a long, long time.

said in this way it's far better, even if i'm not completely agree
    i don't think it's possible to consider the worst one of the songs that defined U2 and their history.
  6. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

I don't really disagree with much of anything on your list. Only thing I would say is for my taste Miami is much worse than Playboy Mansion which actually gets decent at the end. Miami is just awful start to finish. The When Love Comes to Town seems an odd choice on an album that includes Freedom for my People and All Along the Watchtower.

for Joshua i would pick the same song of Achtung
    i agree about When love comes to town .. maybe it's not an odd choice considering that the other 2 are not U2 songs for example
  7. 1. Glastonbury
    2. White As Snow
    3. Miami

And a special mention to their worst ever video, the thankfully unreleased Red Hill Mining Town. But at least it's good for a laugh.
  8. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:1. Glastonbury
    2. White As Snow
    3. Miami

And a special mention to their worst ever video, the thankfully unreleased Red Hill Mining Town. But at least it's good for a laugh.

What, Larry hitting a pipe to the beat isn't enough for you? Larry hitting ANYTHING should be worth a look, right?
  9. Oh, I forgot about the song Glastonbury. Yeah, that one's pretty bad. It's made even worse for the cheesiness factor of WHY it was written.
  10. Originally posted by clover68[..]

said in this way it's far better, even if i'm not completely agree
    i don't think it's possible to consider the worst one of the songs that defined U2 and their history.

You know, if Pride was omittedl completely from an entire tour, I'd probably be begging for it back on the next one.

Whether one likes it or not, it's a U2 classic.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

You know, if Pride was omittedl completely from an entire tour, I'd probably be begging for it back on the next one.

Whether one likes it or not, it's a U2 classic.

For good reason. It's not their very best song (probably outside top 10), but it's anything but their worst ROFL.

I'm gonna have to go with Luminous Times (Hold on to Love). It's probably not their absolutely worst but it's the only U2 song I've ever heard that I simply cannot STAND listening to.