1. Originally posted by maartenpetra:[..]
    For sure they are playing songs from The Joshua Tree. We, as die hard fans want rarities or album tracks. But the majority want hits as always. Nothing you can do about it. We want Exit, IGC or Running etc. But yeah Streets is o.k. with me. It gets all the people jumping from the ground and the seats. And yes WOWY is a lovely intimate song. They are stuck in the setlist, I can tell you that.
    You hit the nail on there. I suspect there'll be a diplomatic, happy medium.
  2. Originally posted by maartenpetra:[..]
    For sure they are playing songs from The Joshua Tree. We, as die hard fans want rarities or album tracks. But the majority want hits as always. Nothing you can do about it. We want Exit, IGC or Running etc. But yeah Streets is o.k. with me. It gets all the people jumping from the ground and the seats. And yes WOWY is a lovely intimate song. They are stuck in the setlist, I can tell you that.

Stuck in a setlist they can't get out of...
  3. I'm very curious about this. How much i/e do they tie into this now that it's coming to fruition? How much SOI meets SOE will there be? How much other material gets squeezed out to make room? I would think using the same set up, they will try to tie them together since they were meant to be companion pieces in a sense...
  4. I'm expecting Streets to stay a regular, but after this year's tour and some of Edge's comments I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't any other JT songs in regular slots. Surely we'll see WOWY or ISHF over the course of the tour, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were rotationals and Bullet was dropped totally...

I kind of expect Red Hill to make a few appearances (and naturally One Tree Hill if they play NZ). I can see Exit being played too, now that they'd dusted it off - it's a great 'character moment' for Bono and I think that could work alongside the new songs.

Ideally, they'd play Streets and Exit every show, and occasionally play one more JT song (WOWY, ISHF, RHMT, OTH). More likely, it'll be Streets every show and WOWY most shows. We'll just see.
  5. Ha!

Perfect.

I'd be fine with nothing from the J-Tree or older, but that obviously won't happen.
  6. I hope they drop all of the usual stuff from Achtung, maybe with End of the World being the exception. Mysterious Ways can go, Ultraviolet can go at this point, One can go, Real Thing can go, they're all tired. If they must play some stuff from Achtung Baby, bring back Wild Horses, Zoo Station, Trying to Throw Your Arms, etc.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I hope they drop all of the usual stuff from Achtung, maybe with End of the World being the exception. Mysterious Ways can go, Ultraviolet can go at this point, One can go, Real Thing can go, they're all tired. If they must play some stuff from Achtung Baby, bring back Wild Horses, Zoo Station, Trying to Throw Your Arms, etc.
    F yes. Love is Blindness? The Fly?

I know it would be very weird for U2 to drop Streets/WOWY, but they've considered it before Vertigo as well. It would be bold, but arguable since they played the complete album every night last tour. I think they should not completely ditch WOWY/Streets etc, but rather rotate them with other songs. Don't make them setlist standards
  8. Drop Streets ? ... yeah sure
  9. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    F yes. Love is Blindness? The Fly?

I know it would be very weird for U2 to drop Streets/WOWY, but they've considered it before Vertigo as well. It would be bold, but arguable since they played the complete album every night last tour. I think they should not completely ditch WOWY/Streets etc, but rather rotate them with other songs. Don't make them setlist standards
    They are stuck on it. That's what I said before. That's for sure. And I'm afraid they are stuck with "One" either. The same for "Pride" I guess. That's what all people want. Big HITS...
  10. Originally posted by maartenpetra:[..]
    They are stuck on it. That's what I said before. That's for sure. And I'm afraid they are stuck with "One" either. The same for "Pride" I guess. That's what all people want. Big HITS...
    Not all people
  11. It would be cool though if they continue the idea of JT2017 by playing an entire album in sequence. Upcoming with the SOE
    Obviously Pride, Streets, WOWY, and One will be in the set. And of course Beautiful Day and Elevation

O sorry, am I still on topic...
  12. Give me Exit. I can live without the rest.