1. Its brutal.
    It's amazing how Bono is still somehow pushing this refugee thing....I mean , not to get political (the song is) but I mean , to say the least, it hasent really worked out for Europe.. now has it.
  2. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]

Its brutal.
    It's amazing how Bono is still somehow pushing this refugee thing....I mean , not to get political (the song is) but I mean , to say the least, it hasent really worked out for Europe.. now has it.
    But Bono has always been about pushing bigger ideas that are more hippy in their take than realistic. Think about how much he was criticized during the War period (and still is) for toting a white flag and saying "non-violence and peace is the answer", while many others were saying "it's not that simple, moron".

Bono doesn't sweat the details in the music, he pushes feelings more than specifics, and I can dig it.

Also....

I kinda like the "refu-jesus" thing
  3. "American Soul" is good, but Glastonbury was absolutely amazing. Hope someday band will release it on b-sides.
  4. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]

Its brutal.
    Well today it was announced that Trump will pull the US out of the UN Global Compact on Migration. So, it could be argued that this is an entirely appropriate time for Bono to be pushing "this refugee thing'.
  5. Originally posted by TheRefugee:[..]
    Well today it was announced that Trump will pull the US out of the UN Global Compact on Migration. So, it could be argued that this is an entirely appropriate time for Bono to be pushing "this refugee thing'.
    +1
  6. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]

Its brutal.
    Sorry whether I believe in it what bono is saying or not, I will never take a celebrities opinion on this seriously. It’s easy to say this from their mansions with A WALL built around it and a security team.
  7. Sorry to derail this. Should’ve kept that comment in a different thread. I’m still scared to watch the performance lol. Most here were brutally negative about it.
  8. The live performance really improved my liking of the song. Really energetic.
  9. I'm waiting to watch with my buddy who comes to town Tuesday night. We both love SNL and he is a pretty big U2 fan.
  10. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Sorry whether I believe in it what bono is saying or not, I will never take a celebrities opinion on this seriously. It’s easy to say this from their mansions with A WALL built around it and a security team.
    And yet there is a "celebrity" posing as the President. What a world huh?
  11. Another song that has massively grown on me. Again the music video helped sell the song to me. It definitely is a song that would fit straight into the Pop album. The way Bono sings it as well is a big throwback to Pop Bono. I really like this song.