1. I gave London #1 the full big headphones and lotsa volume treatment today. Glorious to listen to. Did anyone else pick up piano chords on the outro to One Tree Hill and the intro to One? I don't think it was the Edge, meaning it could have been someone in the Underworld or part of the IEM feed so that Bono could hold key. Not something I've ever heard before.
  2. Yep, Bono has keys pumped into his feed so he can keep pitch. You can hear it during a handful of songs.
  3. And what is the "One" loop at the beginning of "A Sort Of Homecoming"?
  4. Isn't this the "count"? It just keeps repeating so Bono/the band knows when they can start (whenever they want as long as they start at 'one' or four whatever).
  5. Originally posted by Anam:I gave London #1 the full big headphones and lotsa volume treatment today. Glorious to listen to. Did anyone else pick up piano chords on the outro to One Tree Hill and the intro to One? I don't think it was the Edge, meaning it could have been someone in the Underworld or part of the IEM feed so that Bono could hold key. Not something I've ever heard before.
    The secret pianoplayer in the underworld if U2 is Terry Lawless.
  6. Originally posted by Anam:I gave London #1 the full big headphones and lotsa volume treatment today. Glorious to listen to. Did anyone else pick up piano chords on the outro to One Tree Hill and the intro to One? I don't think it was the Edge, meaning it could have been someone in the Underworld or part of the IEM feed so that Bono could hold key. Not something I've ever heard before.
    It’s featured heavily in WOWY over the years. It sounds lovely too. Would make for a nice alternative arrangement of the song should the band ever fancy breathing some life back into it.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Isn't this the "count"? It just keeps repeating so Bono/the band knows when they can start (whenever they want as long as they start at 'one' or four whatever).
    On a couple songs, they've had a "one" count on the downbeat. Edge has is on the beginning of a homecoming, one, intro of still haven't found. Adam has it on streets (and I noticed it on Bad for third leg). As the years go by they rely less on metronome but more on the counts.
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    On a couple songs, they've had a "one" count on the downbeat. Edge has is on the beginning of a homecoming, one, intro of still haven't found. Adam has it on streets (and I noticed it on Bad for third leg). As the years go by they rely less on metronome but more on the counts.
    Thanks!
  9. I have put all the names of the contributors in a hat and randomly selected one name which is........ Luís M! Congratulations!

Luís will receive the physical box set home. I hope you enjoy it and I will contact you for the details. Thanks again everyone, I have just closed the GoFundMe.

Maybe we'll do it again one day
  10. Well done, Remy. Well done, Luís. Well done all! Great project, great shows.
  11. cool! congrats Luis
  12. Have to echo the words from above in saying congratulations to Luis and well done to everyone involved, great effort and great idea as well.