1. Inmiddels van beide Amstetdam concerten de iem opnames in bezit. Even kijken hoe ik die kan delen met jullie
  2. Did a brief check of the London + Paris. London seems to be from same feed arrangement, just a much better AUD recording used for Night 1.

Paris seems to use a single mono feed from the crew mix using Signal Defined Radio, recorded from outside the venue. When there is dropouts from the SDR source, it has a brief patch from a Bono feed SDR source. Plus the AUD source layered over.

SDR recordings are inferior sounding to the regular recordings that were used for London, so that's why its so narrow and compressed.
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:Did a brief check of the London + Paris. London seems to be from same feed arrangement, just a much better AUD recording used for Night 1.

Paris seems to use a single mono feed from the crew mix using Signal Defined Radio, recorded from outside the venue. When there is dropouts from the SDR source, it has a brief patch from a Bono feed SDR source. Plus the AUD source layered over.

SDR recordings are inferior sounding to the regular recordings that were used for London, so that's why its so narrow and compressed.
    I've noticed that synths, for example at the start of ASOH on the Paris 2 recording, sound a bit strange, at least on the Paris recordings. Might this be because of some alignment issues? They seem to sound different on your Vancouver mix, the Seattle boot, for example.
  4. I can also tell you that the speed is very strange on Paris 2. Some titles are 4 seconds too much slow, some other only 0,5sec too much slow, some other are in the perfect synch with my multicam . On 2017, such speed differences are just ununderstandable . Like if someone wanted to render more difficult to synch this with something else, like a multicam . And it's even more clear that every title has a different speed, but each title has a constant speed, I mean that 1 fix on the speed of each title and all is ok . and a different speed correction for the next one and all is ok . Just to tell ... ;-)
  5. The SDR recording was recorded at 40k sample rate, so perhaps something went weird in the resample process.

Could be a good point about doing some odd time adjustments though. Almost as if the (confirmed) taper had a particular axe to grind against somebody who created a multicam of the show...How interesting.
  6. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]
    I've noticed that synths, for example at the start of ASOH on the Paris 2 recording, sound a bit strange, at least on the Paris recordings. Might this be because of some alignment issues? They seem to sound different on your Vancouver mix, the Seattle boot, for example.
    I'd have to check on that--didn't check much of Paris 2. I noticed the compression on the SDR processing doesn't behave nicely with the click track...metronome seems to cause a momentary volume drop after the transient and makes it sound unnatural.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:Did a brief check of the London + Paris. London seems to be from same feed arrangement, just a much better AUD recording used for Night 1.

How can you tell all of that from the CD?
  8. My impeccably trained ears.
  9. Thanks for all the info :-)
  10. Here's another one of my videos taken from London 1 mixed with the i.e.m to go with it.
    Enjoy.

11. The last video from me mixed with the i.e.m from London 1. Thanks to everyone who contributed towards Remy buying the 4 gig boxset.