1. I'd say things have changed over time and are a lot more complicated than a simple equal split when it comes to the music royalties, but it's such a nice part of the fabric of the U2 story that they continue to let the public presume that the equal split continues.

For Zooropa, Edge got a producer's credit because of all the extra work he did. Adam was busy off with Naomi Campbell and put his bass parts down after basic tracks had already been made with computer generated bass parts. Only fair that Edge should get a larger slice of the pie, I guess. Bono too, for the lyrics and melodies. Most other bands would see the lyrics/music be a 50/50 royalty split.
  2. They all get equal share....they have said it a million times.
  3. But is that still true in the O'Seary years? Wasn't that part of the reasons McGuiness left?
  4. The intro and the nice 'get out of your own way' backing vocals are about the most interesting thing. This one just doesn't grab me at all. Ah well.
  5. Love it, very U2esque
  6. should of been a b side...
  7. Yeah, this was my least favourite of the pre-album tracks and it's still easily my least favourite on the album. I like it alright, it's just easily last place for me.
  8. Same with SOI. The final third was the most interesting. Until the band give up on wanting a hit single then we won’t ever see a true start to finish conceptual album.

At least there is the awkward segue into American Soul that lets it flow a little.
  9. You could chop YTBTAM , GOOYOW , AS & Blackout completely from the album and stick Book Of your heart in there...
  10. Undecided as to whether these songs don’t fit because I’ve heard them a lot already or if they are just out of character with the rest of th album.