1. Indeed. Adam has been slowly building up in terms of being "lead bassist" as he once was since HTDAAB methinks.

Invisible was a cool thing that Edge did (if that WAS guitar, I think it was???) but otherwise, yeah. Pretty much since he dialed it back in 2001 he's been slowly ramping down. Glimmers of greatness here and there, but a U2 song hasn't been dictated by its guitar part alone since maybe Elevation.
  2. This band to me is a sound of drum and bass.
  3. I wonder how much the rhythm section actually contribute to the song writing. How many songs come from full band jamming anymore? I suspect Edge is carrying most of the song writing load these days.
  4. Originally posted by TheRefugee:I wonder how much the rhythm section actually contribute to the song writing. How many songs come from full band jamming anymore? I suspect Edge is carrying most of the song writing load these days.
    Really?? What makes you think that
  5. Well, as far back as around time of Zooropa the famous 5 equal shares of royalties agreement was redrawn to reflect the reality that Bono & Edge were doing the heavy lifting on the song writing front. It's in the Flanagan book.

Since then, Bono and Edge seem more devoted to the 'craft' of song writing with tunes based on riffs or written on acoustic guitar. There seem to be less and less of the band jam based tunes where the rhythm section would have an input.
  6. E.g. on ATYCLB, only the music of Beautiful Day and New York give the impression of having been written from a band jam.
  7. Originally posted by TheRefugee:Well, as far back as around time of Zooropa the famous 5 equal shares of royalties agreement was redrawn to reflect the reality that Bono & Edge were doing the heavy lifting on the song writing front. It's in the Flanagan book.

Since then, Bono and Edge seem more devoted to the 'craft' of song writing with tunes based on riffs or written on acoustic guitar. There seem to be less and less of the band jam based tunes where the rhythm section would have an input.
    Regarding that, do you think Adam and Larry take an equal cut of the wages compared to Bono and Edge or do you think they should / shouldn't
  8. I suspect that they don't get an equal cut of the song writing royalties. I reckon they accept that arrangement without much fuss to be honest.
  9. I suspect that they don't get an equal cut of the song writing royalties. I reckon they accept that arrangement without much fuss to be honest.
  10. Didn’t they say in U2 By U2 that all five (Cashbags McGuinness) of them get an equal cut?
  11. Yep...always been that way as far as I know. Probably one of many reasons why they have lasted the distance.