1. We need to run a tight shit ship here folks
  2. Originally posted by Bloodraven:In an interesting plot twist, now I'm starting to hate this song:

It's been stuck in my head for a couple of days, and now it's not even the song anymore, is just a distorted voice repeating the getoutofyourownway line.

ugh.
    Yeah, the song is not aging well and it's only what? 1 week?
    Some NLOTH songs on the other hand are aging like fine wine.
  3. Sorry sorry! No intention at all of being offensive. We all do it, it's natural!

Won't happen again

Agree with Cesar's post above ^

I've always been an advocate of the "NLOTH is their worst album" opinion, however recently I've been going back and enjoying a few songs off of it a LOT more.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Sorry sorry! No intention at all of being offensive. We all do it, it's natural!

Won't happen again

Agree with Cesar's post above ^

I've always been an advocate of the "NLOTH is their worst album" opinion, however recently I've been going back and enjoying a few songs off of it a LOT more.
    OK.

Now, let's go back to GOOYOW
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:In an interesting plot twist, now I'm starting to hate this song:

It's been stuck in my head for a couple of days, and now it's not even the song anymore, is just a distorted voice repeating the getoutofyourownway line.

ugh.
    Like I said, it has that Magnificent kinda feeling. Sounds like fun, sounds basic U2 stuff but it gets so annoying after a little while. The ohohohohohs from Edge for example are so stupid and WHY?
  6. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    Like I said, it has that Magnificent kinda feeling. Sounds like fun, sounds basic U2 stuff but it gets so annoying after a little while. The ohohohohohs from Edge for example are so stupid and WHY?
    Yeah those oohs... (especially at the start). it ruined the song to me from the start...
  7. Wasn't Ryan Tedder the one that said to Bono to forget about the ooohs and do better lyric writing? Or was that Danger Mouse? In that case, I miss him now.
  8. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Wasn't Ryan Tedder the one that said to Bono to forget about the ooohs and do better lyric writing? Or was that Danger Mouse? In that case, I miss him now.
    Me too.

Bono isn't the only one guilty of it, they're pretty much in 99% of "mainstream" music these days.
  9. It's funny because Danger Mouse tells them "don't abuse the ooohs" then SOI opens with ooohs. Danger Mouse must be like
  10. They'll eventually turn to vinegar.
  11. Yeah, but the 'oohs' in The Miracle sort of feel like an uplifting chant that worked because it was the opener - when the band mentioned it wasn't always going to be the first track I was stunned because... Where else would it go? With a beginning like that?

On GOOYOW, the oohs really do just feel like they just needed to stick something else in, and couldn't get it to flow.