1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    I heard that's the case indeed.

I also heard a strong rumour Paris will have 25 shows, largely due to Brigitte having attended all shows in 2017.
  2. Interesting. Off topic a bit here but when can we expect if ever dates in Japan..you would think as big as U2 is they would travel to Asia more.
    They did a bit in the 80's Zoo TV had 2 shows late 93.. Popmart had Japan 2 shows not until 2006 did they travel there again Japan got 3 shows...no Other Asian countries....ever!
    my wife is Chinese not a massive fan at all..likes a few songs but before we met she had never heard of Bono/U2...no market in china. That got me thinking ..U2 has A lot political based songs ,something not many Asian countries, esp China allow....Japan has this freedom. I just think it's Kinda sad that they are not household names in Asia except Japan.
    in short U2 need to travel to Asia more!! 360 had 7 legs and not one show in Asia...""World tour""
  3. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    Interesting. Off topic a bit here but when can we expect if ever dates in Japan..you would think as big as U2 is they would travel to Asia more.
    They did a bit in the 80's Zoo TV had 2 shows late 93.. Popmart had Japan 2 shows not until 2006 did they travel there again Japan got 3 shows...no Other Asian countries....ever!
    my wife is Chinese not a massive fan at all..likes a few songs but before we met she had never heard of Bono/U2...no market in china. That got me thinking ..U2 has A lot political based songs ,something not many Asian countries, esp China allow....Japan has this freedom. I just think it's Kinda sad that they are not household names in Asia except Japan.
    in short U2 need to travel to Asia more!! 360 had 7 legs and not one show in Asia...""World tour""
    heaps in the early 80'S nothing after....

1983-11-16 - Honolulu, Hawaii, USA - NBC Arena
    1983-11-22 - Osaka, Japan - Festival Hall (18 songs)
    1983-11-23 - Seto City, Japan - Seto-shi Bunka Center (18 songs)
    1983-11-26 - Tokyo, Japan - Shibuya Kokaido (18 songs)
    1983-11-27 - Tokyo, Japan - Shibuya Kokaido (18 songs)
    1983-11-29 - Tokyo, Japan - Shinjuku Koseinenkin Kaikan (18 songs)
    1983-11-30 - Tokyo, Japan - Nakano Sun Plaza (19 songs)

1989-11-23 - Yokohama, Japan - Sports Arena (16 songs)
    1989-11-25 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Dome (18 songs)
    1989-11-26 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Dome (18 songs)
    1989-11-28 - Osaka, Japan - Osaka Castle Hall (17 songs)
    1989-11-29 - Osaka, Japan - Osaka Castle Hall (16 songs)
    1989-12-01 - Osaka, Japan - Osaka Castle Hall (22 songs)
  4. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    Interesting. Off topic a bit here but when can we expect if ever dates in Japan..you would think as big as U2 is they would travel to Asia more.
    [...]
    Not at all "off topic" ...very legit question at this time of the "Experience & Innocence" tour when we don't know to what extent "Australasia" has to be understood.

I think it would be great if they visit Japan after so many years of absence! Any info on how the SOE "singles" are received?
  5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Not at all "off topic" ...very legit question at this time of the "Experience & Innocence" tour when we don't know to what extent "Australasia" has to be understood.

I think it would be great if they visit Japan after so many years of absence! Any info on how the SOE "singles" are received?
    im not sure how the new songs are doing overthere
  6. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    They did a bit in the 80's Zoo TV...
    well, they did what they did back then, but now it's history I see... Things will happen while they can, I will wait here for my band tonight, it's easy when you're big in Japan..
  7. They really love the North East USA. Newark, MSG and Nassau basically all NYC, crazy.
  8. in a "show-per-capita" way makes sense, right?
  9. A U2.com insider has sent me a photo of the new merchandising that goes along nicely with the ticket prices and fits the etiquette.

EXCLUSIVE.

Remember! You heard it first in © U2start.com v7.1 (2006-2017)

Spoiler (click to toggle)