1. Originally posted by popmarter:It's a crazy decision to tour the US again surely they have reached saturation point by touring there 3 times in the last 2 years,why don't they start the tour off in Japan,Aus,NZ etc and then onto Eastern and mainland Europe these places have been vastly ignored and underplayed through much of the bands career and are always shortchanged in favour of the US yet they have a massive following in these markets but the band and LN seem to think the US is the place to be yet the last 2 albums have failed to set the US album charts alight or provide any hit singles ,yeah we know it's a dead cert they will sell out most of the arenas but coming so soon after TJT tour is the appetite there for another big tour.
    Money and costs.
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:It's a crazy decision to tour the US again surely they have reached saturation point by touring there 3 times in the last 2 years,why don't they start the tour off in Japan,Aus,NZ etc and then onto Eastern and mainland Europe these places have been vastly ignored and underplayed through much of the bands career and are always shortchanged in favour of the US yet they have a massive following in these markets but the band and LN seem to think the US is the place to be yet the last 2 albums have failed to set the US album charts alight or provide any hit singles ,yeah we know it's a dead cert they will sell out most of the arenas but coming so soon after TJT tour is the appetite there for another big tour.
    Better be. Imagine U2 not touring the USA? Shit would hit the fan. They will always be touring here and better be or I will get mad at them. They don't want that.
  3. When first announced, Tulsa seemed like an odd choice, but Tulsa is one of the 50 biggest cities in the US, and in a region they don't play all that often - it's probably a reasonably good stop, for an arena tour at least.
  4. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Better be. Imagine U2 not touring the USA? Shit would hit the fan. They will always be touring here and better be or I will get mad at them. They don't want that.
    Tell that to the Lovetown tour.

It's been done before.
  5. Okay Lovetown is just Joshua Tree in Europe for the most part. I'm just saying there's no way U2 will ever part from the US again. The money will always be there.
  6. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    Okay Lovetown is just Joshua Tree in Europe for the most part. I'm just saying there's no way U2 will ever part from the US again. The money will always be there.
    Tell that to God Part II, Van Diemen's Land, Hawkmoon, Love Rescue Me, BB King, etc etc etc

You're right, I'm just being annoying. Personally, after seeing the last two tours, I would only be heartbroken not seeing them next tour (as in they pass on North America) if it turns out to be their last tour. Otherwise, if it meant letting everyone they passed on during the last two tours see the show, id be fine.

Edit: and I do think they'll have a tough time selling out here because even I feel like I've spent a ton of money on them in such a short time. The casual fan might say "nah I just saw them".
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Tell that to God Part II, Van Diemen's Land, Hawkmoon, Love Rescue Me, BB King, etc etc etc

You're right, I'm just being annoying. Personally, after seeing the last two tours, I would only be heartbroken not seeing them next tour (as in they pass on North America) if it turns out to be their last tour. Otherwise, if it meant letting everyone they passed on during the last two tours see the show, id be fine.

Edit: and I do think they'll have a tough time selling out here because even I feel like I've spent a ton of money on them in such a short time. The casual fan might say "nah I just saw them".
    Yeah I agree, part of my view is me being selfish and young so I want to see them as much as possible during this time period. Financially though I wouldn't be too concerned with them skipping out on us but of course I'll never forget those songs (U2 if you are reading plz play some of those this tour)
  8. This is what you're looking for?