1. Thanks for the link Michael. I'll admit it's a pretty good version, but the underwhelmed "Ultraviolets" that Bono sings kinda ruin the song for me. It's another example of how they try to change a song because he can't quite hit all the notes anymore. He's like "Oh Edge save me. Get me through this and belt it out yourself".

Btw, some intense closeups on the B-man there! Could count the nosehairs if you'd like
  2. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Thanks for the link Michael. I'll admit it's a pretty good version, but the underwhelmed "Ultraviolets" that Bono sings kinda ruin the song for me. It's another example of how they try to change a song because he can't quite hit all the notes anymore. He's like "Oh Edge save me. Get me through this and belt it out yourself".

Btw, some intense closeups on the B-man there! Could count the nosehairs if you'd like
    hhaha nose hair, yeah i caught that too, probably the best version to date this tour but i get what you mean. its never going to sound like 360 again but i'm okay with it, and i used to not like this tours version but has grown on me a lot. back to the way he sang it on Zoo.
  3. Also, it's getting to sound like "Sometimes I feel like chicken, oooh!"
  4. Mmm.... sometimes I feel like chicken, too. Actually a lot of times... Pretty hungry now.
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Thanks for the link Michael. I'll admit it's a pretty good version, but the underwhelmed "Ultraviolets" that Bono sings kinda ruin the song for me. It's another example of how they try to change a song because he can't quite hit all the notes anymore. He's like "Oh Edge save me. Get me through this and belt it out yourself".

Sort of agreed. I also miss Edge's guitar part that he used to play in the bridge/"I remember" section on ZooTV.

Bono sung the shit out of that song on that tour.
  6. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Ultraviolet is one of my alltime favorite U2-songs, but I absolutely hate the treatment it got during the JT30 tour... The chorus sounds so underwhelmed, uninspired, tired...
    Plus to me it has always been a personal and tragic love song. Not every song needs to be transformed into something political or bigger

I think it's become a 'breather' song in this tour, which is used so Bono can rest his voice a little bit. They have done it with other songs in the past. I wish They didn't do it with UV but the version he sings now isn't so bad. He still sings it pretty well if a bit more restrained.

I think we sometimes forget the man is 57 and his energy levels are still incredible for a man his age on stage, but by the same token he is not going to always retain the same energy levels he once had because of age. Testosterone levels start to drop off quite a bit in people's 50s and that does affect energy quite a lot, which is just part of naturally getting older.
  7. Did he really perform while on cocaine during ZooTV?
  8. +1000