2017-06-16 - Louisville
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 1
  1. I agree why close with one of the highest energy songs ??? The flow of JT 2017 is definitely out of whack !!!
    Close with "One". Or I thought "40" would have been best with audience still singing "how long to sing this song"as crowd exits stadium!
  2. Originally posted by ew6655:[..]
    I agree why close with one of the highest energy songs ??? The flow of JT 2017 is definitely out of whack !!!
    Close with "One". Or I thought "40" would have been best with audience still singing "how long to sing this song"as crowd exits stadium!
    It's been previously mentioned that beginning the show with 'War' and ending the show with 'War' would kinda of detract from JT. I agree with that theory and understand why it's not '40'

While I would have loved to hear The Little Things, I wouldn't want to be left with it. I want to be left energized and ecstatic, so, while it would not have been my 1st choice, I was ok with Vertigo...

Now, before you say that "40" is not an energetic song and you are contradicting yourself, Greg" I beg to differ... maybe not enegetic in the way of uptempo, but the tradition, the lights coming up and people singing all the way back to the parking lots... that was ecstatic. The Little Things can't bring that... yet.

So... in conclusion... Leave us bouncing!

3. As stated in previous posts, the easiest "fix" is to open with something pre-War and then end with 40.
  4. Scarlet!

5. U2.performing - Exit- Louisville Ky. 6-16-17
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    It's been previously mentioned that beginning the show with 'War' and ending the show with 'War' would kinda of detract from JT. I agree with that theory and understand why it's not '40'

While I would have loved to hear The Little Things, I wouldn't want to be left with it. I want to be left energized and ecstatic, so, while it would not have been my 1st choice, I was ok with Vertigo...

Now, before you say that "40" is not an energetic song and you are contradicting yourself, Greg" I beg to differ... maybe not enegetic in the way of uptempo, but the tradition, the lights coming up and people singing all the way back to the parking lots... that was ecstatic. The Little Things can't bring that... yet.

So... in conclusion... Leave us bouncing!

I agree with the theory as in that's maybe what the band think but personally I don't think it matters if they start and end with war songs, they're only playing 2 which would rise to 3 with 40. I think we still might see 40 on the tour maybe spontaneously.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I agree with the theory as in that's maybe what the band think but personally I don't think it matters if they start and end with war songs, they're only playing 2 which would rise to 3 with 40. I think we still might see 40 on the tour maybe spontaneously.
    Good point. I would have thought nothing of it if they started with SBS and ended with 40. In fact, it brings it all full circle with the "How long (must we)(to) sing this song" lyrics.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I personally don't think it matters, either... but I think they personally do.

Protect the concept!
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That would be amazing "40" as closer !!! They should move elevation beautiful day vertigo ultraviolet to start then JT album then sarejovo one Nyd bad pride Sbs towards end!!Close "40". !
  10. Originally posted by ew6655:[..]
    That would be amazing "40" as closer !!! They should move elevation beautiful day vertigo ultraviolet to start then JT album then sarejovo one Nyd bad pride Sbs towards end!!Close "40". !
    But when you are there live no one can complain about the set because it's just so much fun right
  11. What an incredible show. The energy was 1000x more than just streaming a show. I can't complain at all. Even Elevation and Vertigo were a lot of fun. I thought I'd be a little upset if I didn't hear ASOH or Little Things/IWF, but after such a great show, I'm completely satisfied.
  12. Yes !!! Amazing show !!!! I arrived at 5pm and got front rail almost center stage!!!unfreakin -believe -able!!!!! I can't wait till INDY show!!!!!