2017-05-26 - Dallas
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Wonder if they hit curfew.
  2. Is there curfew in Dallas?
  3. The set list just doesn't work. Having to play TJT in sequence makes it a very awkward show .

4. I think it's a reference to the movie "The Night Of The Hunter". The two hands on the screen with Love and Hate also come from that film, as well as the figure of the preacher acted by Bono.

5. Not at all actually.

Here's an interesting opinion from a fan on our Instagram: "People seem to use that rhyme often when talking about choices so my guess is that Bono is making a statement about how we have votes / choices in life and also the political process. He sings it harshly with venom and I can't help but wonder if it could even be in reference to those who think it doesn't matter who you choose into office, "they are all the same" (as in they are NOT all the same and Trump is a dangerous choice...)"
  6. Originally posted by Bullet_Blue:[..]

I think it's a reference to the movie "The Night Of The Hunter". The two hands on the screen with Love and Hate also come from that film, as well as the figure of the preacher acted by Bono.
    Nice fact!
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Not at all actually.

Here's an interesting opinion from a fan on our Instagram: "People seem to use that rhyme often when talking about choices so my guess is that Bono is making a statement about how we have votes / choices in life and also the political process. He sings it harshly with venom and I can't help but wonder if it could even be in reference to those who think it doesn't matter who you choose into office, "they are all the same" (as in they are NOT all the same and Trump is a dangerous choice...)"
    But Gloria rocks so much more!
  8. I don't get it why they want to play the album in sequence so bad. With the same songs they play, they might have combined much stronger setlist. Just quick example, based on last nights tracks:

1. Elevation
    2. I Will Follow
    3. Beautiful Day
    4. Trip Through Your Wires
    5. New Year's Day
    6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    7. Bullet the Blue Sky
    8. Running to Stand Still
    9. Exit
    10. Bad
    11. Where the Streets Have No Name
    12. Pride
    13. Red Hill Mining Town
    14. I Still Haven't Found

15. One Tree Hill
    16. In God's Country
    17. With or Without You

18. Ultra Violet
    19. Miss Sarajevo
    20. Mothers of the Disappeared
    21. One
  9. Actually playing it in sequence makes a lot of sense with all the visuals and films. Now it's just one long film with them on the main stage, it's a narrative basically. You take all that away by spreading it across the show.
  10. Sure, but this can be changed, as people say the idea doesn't work.

Still, another quickie:

1. Elevation
    2. I Will Follow
    3. Beautiful Day
    4. New Year's Day
    5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    6. Bad
    7. Where the Streets Have No Name
    8. I Still Haven't Found
    9. With or Without You
    10. Bullet the Blue Sky
    11. Running to Stand Still
    12. Red Hill Mining Town
    13. In God's Country
    14. Trip Through Your Wires
    15. One Tree Hill
    16. Exit
    17. Mothers of the Disappeared

18. Ultra Violet
    19. Pride
    20. Miss Sarajevo
    21. One
  11. Originally posted by Remy:Actually playing it in sequence makes a lot of sense with all the visuals and films. Now it's just one long film with them on the main stage, it's a narrative basically. You take all that away by spreading it across the show.
    +1

Also, if it's promoted as such, it's hard not to do it. That's what people are expecting. If you play the entire album, but break it up, then you're playing a show, not an album.