1. Sounds pretty good to me !
  2. Is the record only to buy in the U.K.? not in Holland!! That would be strange.
  3. You can buy it in holland. No problem. Try variaworld or North end haarlem
  4. There are a lot of critical comments in this topic. It's difficult to assess a song based on a one minute clip. U2 has remixed several songs in the past, some were better than others. But why would anyone expect it to sound like the original? If that is the expectation then everyone one of us should be disappointed. Bono's voice is not the same as the 1987 version. If that's what is expected then this tour will also be a big disappointment. He may not have the same range as back then, but there are songs on more recent albums that he could have never sang in 1987. In many ways he is actually a better singer now. I would argue that if someone listened to the entire JT album for the first time ever and it was a re-recorded and mixed version from 2017, few would find much to complain about. The quality of musicianship in this band has only gotten better of the years. Which version of the band that you prefer is simply a matter of opinion. The same is true of their remixed songs.
  5. I Think I will eat a fish sandwich and think of an opinion.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:To be clear: I'm not trying to stop anyone to go to a JT show or buy the new JT package. Good for everyone that is doing that.
    That doesn't mean I cannot be critical of the band I love. In the past I have defended their actions and music. It just happens that this last decision of them is disappointing to me and I'm not participating in any of it. It is my right to say that in this forum. That's it.

I respect this greatly. I too am disappointed in what looks like the band finally surrendering to become a nostalgia act. You're a better man than me for sticking to your principles here and choosing not to see a show.

I'm not buying any of the 30th anniversary re-issue stuff...but I am trying to rationalize seeing the show in Chicago and Cleveland this summer ( ) by forcing myself to believe what the band has said: that in the new Trump era, much of their inspiration for the "Two Americas" feels potent again in a new way. And I like interpreting this tour as the bridge of sorts between "innocence" (early 80s stuff, Dublin childhood that SOI recalled) and "experience" (hopefully a more dance-driven, edgier direction on SOE??).

To return to RHMT, I'm actually enjoying listening to this new version. I think it's because - confession time - I never really got into this song originally.
  7. Will a digital copy be available after the vinyl gets released?
  8. Yes. It will be available for download along with the other 2017 mixes on June 2nd.
  9. I think it will probably be available as a download for u2.com subscribers and it will also be downloadable once the 30th anniversary edition is released.
  10. Amazon and google play have it in MP3 for preorder for June 2 release for around $23 dollars !
    This is a lot cheaper that $110 dollar package!
  11. I never liked the original recording. Bono sounded very bored and howling, not singing. He hasn't been comfortable with the range back then, so fitting it to his current voice sounds nicer. It's not a huge recording tbh and honestly, the brought out orchestra and stuff to me is completely disturbing and turns the listener away from the song itself.

anway, the picture disc is ugly - because the guys just looked ugly back then. sorry, but I always hated their late 80s style.

In the end, those 7000 copies will end up overpriced on ebay, only a handful will actually be bought by real fans for the retail price and the majority will be for sale in the US. Let's be honest, as nice as the idea of RSD is - it totally sucks, because those who these releases are made for, get completely ripped off.

to the rest:
    I finally reached the point to not buy any physical release anymore. ripping off. Just like the "killer package" of the SOI deluxe, that is thrown out everywhere for 5 bucks or less meanwhile. except maybe a live release of tours I attended when I liked the show, design and all around.

I will see two shows this summer, but because of two things: I always wanted to see them playing in the US and the topic fits the album, that's a given fact. and: it's U2 live, I don't care much about TJT but I also didn't care a lot about SOI, still went and saw 7 ehhh 6.25 shows.
    Still it's a great band playing great concerts (though I don't like how staged and designed they are), not really mattering what the topic is.