1. Acrobat (2021 Mix) next?
  2. If it's to support an achtung baby tour and they'll play every song from it then I'd be happy with that. I wouldn't buy it but I'd be being a ticket for the tour, I've already got my fingers crossed actually since they announced this tour.
  3. I agree. But they should aspire this. Instead of taking the easy way.
  4. The horns really needed to be left almost silenced.

The new vocals are decent, but from the chorus how it fades out - come on. You're using the 1987 vocals???
  5. Whoa whoa whoa! I leave for a couple days and everything seemingly goes to shit!
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I question the whole purpose of re-recording a past album, and while we're at it, going in a nostalgia tour. It goes against everything they have said in the past. They can rationalize it however they want, but it feels like a quick money grab. Adding insult to injury, the over priced n-th re-release of the JT album.
    You mention: if they had re-recorded RHMT exactly as in the 87 version, we would be complaining too. That is exactly my point: the band couldn't win anyway with this re-recording, so why doing it then?

definitely a money grab. marketing to their rich contingent who can afford tickets to multiple shows, expensive deluxe packaging and then still have the budget for the SOE tour in 2018. They should be less concerned about relevance and making new fans and more concerned about alienating those that have stood by them for years!
  7. Meh, I think you guys are looking a little too much into it. The band spent an afternoon recording the song to promote the tour, be involved with RSD because it's hip, and just to have something to go out on the airwaves when the topic of their tour comes up. They aren't getting a lot of money from this on the grand scale of things, so I wouldn't call it a cash-grab.

Does it go against what they've said in the past? Sure. People change, and change their minds. How many people were saying "they said they'd never do that" in 1992? Lol.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Meh, I think you guys are looking a little too much into it. The band spent an afternoon recording the song to promote the tour, be involved with RSD because it's hip, and just to have something to go out on the airwaves when the topic of their tour comes up. They aren't getting a lot of money from this on the grand scale of things, so I wouldn't call it a cash-grab.

Does it go against what they've said in the past? Sure. People change, and change their minds. How many people were saying "they said they'd never do that" in 1992? Lol.
    I didn't mean the single as a cash grab. I meant the legacy tour and re-packaging of the 20th Anniversary JT deluxe edition with a new version, an incomplete live show and some pictures the Edge took. I'm not blaming them. I mean if I was in a position to make sure that my great, great, great, great grandkids were set for life, I'd jump at the opportunity to insure my peops are set up for generations to come! And I'm certainly not upset about being able to see them do this live... If you ask me, they should reconsider their whole position on this. I'd love for an Achtung Baby version of this tour when it turns 30!

And if you're in the enviable position to get tickets, the deluxe re-issue, and tickets again... more power to you as well!
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I didn't mean the single as a cash grab. I meant the legacy tour and re-packaging of the 20th Anniversary JT deluxe edition with a new version, an incomplete live show and some pictures the Edge took. I'm not blaming them. I mean if I was in a position to make sure that my great, great, great, great grandkids were set for life, I'd jump at the opportunity to insure my peops are set up for generations to come! And I'm certainly not upset about being able to see them do this live... If you ask me, they should reconsider their whole position on this. I'd love for an Achtung Baby version of this tour when it turns 30!

And if you're in the enviable position to get tickets, the deluxe re-issue, and tickets again... more power to you as well!
    Wasn't there a rumour that the legacy tour is only being done for contractual obligations? Like they owe a certain amount of shows to Live Nation or something?

I'll agree that the rest of the shit (vinyl, JT repackaging) might be a cash grab, and it's a bad one at that. They should have given us an "Uber" version of the JT era. JT, B-sides, remixes, and early versions of songs. A bunch of video footage (including a new concert), vinyl singles, posters, a little Joshua Tree replica, and instead of a set of fly shades, a cowboy hat
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Wasn't there a rumour that the legacy tour is only being done for contractual obligations? Like they owe a certain amount of shows to Live Nation or something?

I'll agree that the rest of the shit (vinyl, JT repackaging) might be a cash grab, and it's a bad one at that. They should have given us an "Uber" version of the JT era. JT, B-sides, remixes, and early versions of songs. A bunch of video footage (including a new concert), vinyl singles, posters, a little Joshua Tree replica, and instead of a set of fly shades, a cowboy hat
    There was that rumor, yes. I'd like to believe it, but it could a convenient PR diversion, too.

Hey, I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt. But I've given them plenty of cash over the last 37 years... It's not as expendable as it was back in the day. I think they should throw me one on the house, personally.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I have no problem with the RHMT re-release. They needed to re-work it to a comfortable place for Bono to sing live, so why not re-record it while you're at it...
  11. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    There was that rumor, yes. I'd like to believe it, but it could a convenient PR diversion, too.

Hey, I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt. But I've given them plenty of cash over the last 37 years... It's not as expendable as it was back in the day. I think they should throw me one on the house, personally.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I have no problem with the RHMT re-release. They needed to re-work it to a comfortable place for Bono to sing live, so why not re-record it while you're at it...
    True true.