1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    It was okay. The All I Want Is You transition from Slane is a better example though, but that could be because Bad was really horrible on the elevation tour to me.
    I think because I prefer bad to all I want is you quite strongly that I'm a bit bias but I do agree that AIWIY was a good transition too and I preferred the versions of bad in the I&E tour to the elevation tour. They could always rotate bad and AIWIY again I guess.
  2. Assuming they play all the second half of the album, I don't really care what else they play- it will be a pleasure to hear Red Hill, Mother's etc

That said the Bad/ 40 combo at the end of some of the ie shows was amazing and would like to get that again.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think because I prefer bad to all I want is you quite strongly that I'm a bit bias but I do agree that AIWIY was a good transition too and I preferred the versions of bad in the I&E tour to the elevation tour. They could always rotate bad and AIWIY again I guess.
    Isn't that Bad/40/Streets from the Boston 2001 DVD a "Frankenstein" version anyway?
  4. I don't know exactly what you mean by Frankenstein but it doesn't sound like a good thing lol. I still enjoyed it and the transition but theres definitely better versions of the song.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don't know exactly what you mean by Frankenstein but it doesn't sound like a good thing lol. I still enjoyed it and the transition but theres definitely better versions of the song.
    It's "patched" up from a couple of different versions and/or been edited. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...however, me saying this doesn't make it true.

In any event, for everyday listening I have no issue with "Frankenstein" stuff. They sound great and, heck, I create them all the time when I make my own live compilations for various bands.
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    It's "patched" up from a couple of different versions and/or been edited. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...however, me saying this doesn't make it true.

In any event, for everyday listening I have no issue with "Frankenstein" stuff. They sound great and, heck, I create them all the time when I make my own live compilations for various bands.
    I never noticed but they did the same with Gone from the same show so your probably right. The only time I've thought it was really noticeable on a u2 release was Mercy on wide awake in Europe. Anyone who's heard the bootleg on here will know he sang the lyrics differently on the chorus and it sounds like it's been really badly edited in too . But when it's done right it's fine.
  7. Huh! Never knew that about the Boston DVD.

I too prefer Bad as a song to All I Want Is You, but I just love that transition on the Slane DVD. There's just so much damn emotion coming out of Bono as he's finishing All I Want and starting Streets (probably coming from the fact that he buried his father that day (or was it the day before?)). Amazing.
  8. Why are people so against, the idea of The Edge soloing or at least U2 covering Hot Thing by Prince, as a nod to Numb?
  9. Heres my take on a possible setlist:

Set 1

1. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock
    2. The Miracle
    3. I Will Follow
    4. Beautiful Day
    5. Mysterious Ways
    6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    7. Mofo
    8. Bad
    9. Desire(B-stage)
    10. Stuck in a Moment (b-Stage)
    11. All I Want is You (B-Stage)

Set 2

12. Where the Streets Have No Name
    13. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    14. With or Without You
    15. Bullet the Blue Sky
    16. Running to Stand Still (B-Stage)
    17. Red Hill Mining Town (B-Stage)
    18. In God's Country (B-Stage)
    19. Trip Through Your Wires
    20. One Tree Hill
    21. Exit
    22. Mothers of the Disappeared

Encore

23. Vertigo
    24. Pride
    25. ‘40’
  10. Given that today's screens and stages allow projections/ visuals in full daylight - maybe they can start with "Streets" in full red glory even if it's not completely dark?
    In 1987 it's been a different story, of course - although they started with Streets quite a few times in full sunlight, but without any visuals.

Seeing the "red" opening for Streets for the first time in R&H, it blew me away and still gives me goosebumps 'til today.
  11. Originally posted by Hans23:Heres my take on a possible setlist:

Set 1

1. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock
    2. The Miracle
    3. I Will Follow
    4. Beautiful Day
    5. Mysterious Ways
    6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    7. Mofo
    8. Bad
    9. Desire(B-stage)
    10. Stuck in a Moment (b-Stage)
    11. All I Want is You (B-Stage)

Set 2

12. Where the Streets Have No Name
    13. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    14. With or Without You
    15. Bullet the Blue Sky
    16. Running to Stand Still (B-Stage)
    17. Red Hill Mining Town (B-Stage)
    18. In God's Country (B-Stage)
    19. Trip Through Your Wires
    20. One Tree Hill
    21. Exit
    22. Mothers of the Disappeared

Encore

23. Vertigo
    24. Pride
    25. ‘40’
    Quite realistic but there's a few songs in there that I could do without. No need for me to mention them.
  12. who's against edge singing a song solo?
    I'm all for it.