1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That’s where I kinda disagree with you and possibly a lot of others that if it’s a good song why does it matter if it is the same u2 sound, a good song is a good song. It’s the mixture that makes u2 great for me, a band that can play both zoo station and miracle Drug in the same show, discotheque and walk On, The Fly and stuck in a moment, song For Someone and until the end of the world. That sums up to me in a few songs what makes u2 so great.
    I obviously agree with you and sorry if my message didn't come across clear enough.

I mean, songs don't get much more "U2-signature-sounding" than Heartland, Bad or Where The Streets Have No Name and BELIEVE ME I love those songs and I dig that sound big time.

What I meant to say -and my wording was poor here- that lately (in the last couple of years), the further their songs stray from that sound, the better they seem to be in my opinion.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I obviously agree with you and sorry if my message didn't come across clear enough.

I mean, songs don't get much more "U2-signature-sounding" than Heartland, Bad or Where The Streets Have No Name and BELIEVE ME I love those songs and I dig that sound big time.

What I meant to say -and my wording was poor here- that lately (in the last couple of years), the further their songs stray from that sound, the better they seem to be in my opinion.
    There has been a clear misunderstanding on my part so I’m sorry about that. I understand what your saying now and I understand that view. I suppose it’s not something I think about much but I do like Blackout and Little Things which I do think stand out and don’t sound too similar to any of there work from the past.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

If you have Sleep Like a Baby and Reach Me Now in mind, yes, I fully agree.

I wonder how U2-esque people think EBW is btw.
  4. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]
    If you have Sleep Like a Baby and Reach Me Now, in mind yes, I fully agree.

I meant to say: if you have those songs in mind.
  5. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]

EBW is so U2 in my opinion. The initial notes on the album version give me speeded up WOWY vibes.
  6. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]

These are 2 good examples, indeed. As well as Breathe, Cedars Of Lebanon and The Crystal Ballroom which are 3 very non-classic U2 songs and are among the best they've written in this decade and in their life.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    These are 2 good examples, indeed. As well as Breathe, Cedars Of Lebanon and The Crystal Ballroom which are 3 very non-classic U2 songs and are among the best they've written in this decade and in their life.
    I've played The Crystal Ballroom for several non-U2 fans, and they all loved it. It's a very modern sounding song while having this great late-70s retro vibe. I can't help but feel they've kind of overlooked their biggest song in years...
  8. Expected track list has "leaked" :

Songs Of Experience

01 - Love Is All We have Left

02 - You're The Best Thing About Me

03 - Summer Of Love

04 - Much More Better

05 - A Showman

06 - Red Flag Day

07 - The Light To Home

08 - American Soul

09 - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way

10 - The Blackøut

11 - Get Out Of Your Own Way

12 - The Little Things That Give You Away

* Possible Bonus Tracks / B-Sides *

13 - Landlady

14 - North Star

15 - Tightrope

16 - Civilization

Take it for what it is... but a lot of these tracks have been discussed in one way or another, I would expect a 12" release along with a Deluxe CD version with bonus tracks and alternate takes.
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I've played The Crystal Ballroom for several non-U2 fans, and they all loved it. It's a very modern sounding song while having this great late-70s retro vibe. I can't help but feel they've kind of overlooked their biggest song in years...
    YES
  10. The thing about this album is, compared to SOI, it's WAAAY easier to make a tracklist for, since they've mentioned so many songs in interviews over the past two years. For SOI, the only song that really was always kind of lurking was EBW, and some of the 360 live tracks, and near the time it was actually released, literally about two or three of the songs were mentioned. So people had sort of make up U2-y song titles, which was interesting to see.
  11. Am I the only one who does not feel the love for this song? Replace Volcano with Lucifers hand and the album is better yes, but CB is just a nice b-side for me, nothing special