1. Originally posted by ahn1991:This band has a song for every stage of my life, whether it was a time of struggle, a time of celebration, a time of love or a time of loss. As cliche as it is, U2 has definitely provided the soundtrack to my life experience.
    +1
  2. +2 in so many ways and from age 0
  3. Been a fan since I was 2 years old.

So I was 2 years old, I was about to go to my grandpa with my father and mother. But for some reason I really didn't wanted to go, so I cried and screamed . So after a few minutes my dad turned on the DVD player and started Rattle and Hum. From the moment the band started to play I was silent, and since that day I am a HUGE U2 fan. I went to 6 U2 shows. 2005-6-16 Amsterdam, 2009-7-20, 2009-7-21 both Amsterdam, 2015-9-9, 2015-9-13 Amsterdam and 2015-10-19 in Cologne.

Actually my first concert was when I was in the womb of my mother. Popmart in Rotterdam
  4. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Been a fan since I was 2 years old.

So I was 2 years old, I was about to go to my grandpa with my father and mother. But for some reason I really didn't wanted to go, so I cried and screamed . So after a few minutes my dad turned on the DVD player and started Rattle and Hum. From the moment the band started to play I was silent, and since that day I am a HUGE U2 fan. I went to 6 U2 shows. 2005-6-16 Amsterdam, 2009-7-20, 2009-7-21 both Amsterdam, 2015-9-9, 2015-9-13 Amsterdam and 2015-10-19 in Cologne.

Actually my first concert was when I was in the womb of my mother. Popmart in Rotterdam
    That is an awesome story! I was at Popmart Rotterdam too, night 2 at least. Maybe you actually got hooked on U2 before you were born!
  5. And 37 years ago, U2 released their first single or EP or whatever you want to call it. The mythical U2-Three
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:This band has a song for every stage of my life, whether it was a time of struggle, a time of celebration, a time of love or a time of loss. As cliche as it is, U2 has definitely provided the soundtrack to my life experience.

I know exactly what you mean. I was 11 when Boy came, which is why the 1st 2 albums resonate so highly with me to this day... Boy and October are beyond spiritual to me (well, all U2 records are, but the concept of these records at the age I was at...) there was no turning back from that... Even War and my raging teens. It's hard to explain, but each album fit like perfect pieces of a puzzle to where I was and how I was evolving...
  7. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Been a fan since I was 2 years old.

8. Originally posted by paulc:Certain bands have come and gone in my 44 years in existence, but you have remained constant. There is a reason for that. I believe in what you stand for, and the older I am getting, the more your values become more important to me. They don't make bands like you anymore. No line up changes, no splits, no reunions. Friendship at the heart of what you do. Thank you for giving me a great life.
  9. It's a nice treasure/vanity piece. The 7" format keeps it from getting more play (and then when it was released as part of Boy reissue on CD, it gave less reason to pull out and dust off.