1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Pumped and hyped about new release on horizon and that new music is out. Remember when Invisible got thrown to us for scraps?

And present company excluded, we could take a survey and I'll bet we're in the minority about not being pumped or hyped...
    Invisible didn't dissapoint me at all, this does. I'm afraid U2 will go full Coldplay on us......

But yeah, I'm hyped about a new release and a new tour of course
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Good point, and yeah I feel like that's the likeliest case. Especially given that the song was being heard blaring from the B-man's place not a couple weeks ago.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Which brings us back to my beach house / Bono is the best marketing man theory. Everytime he blasts (um, intentionally leaks) new music at the beach a furor is created and it usually the "unoffcial" pre-lease marketing campaign launch. They fact that they have all been vacationing, (to me anyways), says the album is done and is in post-production and they are taking a break before they gear up for iHeart radio and October gig (and I'll bet promo tour for new record)
  3. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    Invisible didn't dissapoint me at all, this does. I'm afraid U2 will go full Coldplay on us......

But yeah, I'm hyped about a new release and a new tour of course
    Yeah, bad wording on Invisible. I actually love the song... I just meant it was dropped as a "snack" to keep us all at bay for a few more months until the main course was unleashed.
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Which brings us back to my beach house / Bono is the best marketing man theory. Everytime he blasts (um, intentionally leaks) new music at the beach a furor is created and it usually the "unoffcial" pre-lease marketing campaign launch. They fact that they have all been vacationing, (to me anyways), says the album is done and is in post-production and they are taking a break before they gear up for iHeart radio and October gig (and I'll bet promo tour for new record)
    True.

And about U2 "going Coldplay" - the fact of the matter is, U2 has proven themselves already in creating music in different genres than the one they started with. They're able to retain the soul of what they're about while doing something new.

The second Coldplay started doing it, it sounded artificial and inauthentic. Even if this new song turns out to be the actual song and not a remix, it still sounds like a U2 song with a dancey feel and some modern EDM synth sounds added on.

The second I hear it, I hear home.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    True.

And about U2 "going Coldplay" - the fact of the matter is, U2 has proven themselves already in creating music in different genres than the one they started with. They're able to retain the soul of what they're about while doing something new.

exactly! very well put!
    I really don't understand the negativ comments.
    Come on people, it's U2! wait for it..
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Yeah, bad wording on Invisible. I actually love the song... I just meant it was dropped as a "snack" to keep us all at bay for a few more months until the main course was unleashed.
    That was my primary guess about this song - that it was some kind of advance or teaser of what's to come, but it wouldn't be included in the album itself (exactly like Invisible). But I have somehow grown to think that it will be included in SOE and this is just a remix -not the original- that's been (intentionally or by mistake) leaked beforehand.

And while I don't agree with Alex about his passion for this track, I admit that he has got a good point about this being totally recognisable U2.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That was my primary guess about this song - that it was some kind of advance or teaser of what's to come, but it wouldn't be included in the album itself (exactly like Invisible). But I have somehow grown to think that it will be included in SOE and this is just a remix -not the original- that's been (intentionally or by mistake) leaked beforehand.

And while I don't agree with Alex about his passion for this track, I admit that he has got a good point about this being totally recognisable U2.
    I'm guessing you mean "The Best Thing" being included on this album?

I can see that. While don't totally hate it, I can almost say now with certainty, it won't be my favorite on the record!
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    True.

The second Coldplay started doing it, it sounded artificial and inauthentic. Even if this new song turns out to be the actual song and not a remix, it still sounds like a U2 song with a dancey feel and some modern EDM synth sounds added on.

Yes, they already have proven themselves in different genres. But they also have this ongoing drive to stay "relevant" which leads them down these different paths. And definitely agreed about retaining the soul... that's part of the brilliance.

I do appreciate the hunger to stay relevant, but also at the same time, the old school mantra of not being afraid to fall on their faces sometimes. It's a winning combination to keep things fresh.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    True.

10. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I'm guessing you mean "The Best Thing" being included on this album?

I can see that. While don't totally hate it, I can almost say now with certainty, it won't be my favorite on the record!
    Yes, that's my current bet. I think The Best Thing will be included on the upcoming album and the thing we've heard is just Kygo's remix of it.
  11. BTW - Wasn´t it Universal that deleted the beach clips? I mean it is the same song... Hope to hear it on SOE!
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, that's my current bet. I think The Best Thing will be included on the upcoming album and the thing we've heard is just Kygo's remix of it.