Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by hello123:Yeah I am mixed. I was lucky enough to see IE in the US.... But this tour does feel a bit luke warm. Put it this way if its IE in an arena I would looooove that. The arena was great. But I doubt they will do arenas in Australia given its been almost 7 years since they were here.

Although I am definitely sceptical as to why they would wait until 2018 for a JT tour..... Surly that would be IE, otherwise come down in Nov/Dec and get it over with this year.
    Yeah would be the first time U2 would play arena in Australia, seeing them in rod lava arena would be weird but awesome.
  2. I saw them in arenas for the first time during I+E too, at London & Paris. Yeah, arenas would be amazing, so intimate. But I've always had a great time in stadiums too, so won't complain either way. This will be the first tour I've missed since ZooTV if I don't get to see it somewhere. I'm just praying that if they do come to Oz it's not sometime between November & March. I'd do seasonal work, & will be in Europe then. Missed Elevation & 360 in Oz, but saw them in Europe & the US. So I'm always praying my schedule is the same as their tours.

Yeah, no arenas since Lovetown, which I missed as none of my friends were keen.
  3. Yeah the last time they did arenas here was Love Town... And Perth 1998 for Popmart but that doesn't really count. Im sure Rod Lava would be immense. I think part of IE being successful was arenas to be honest, I think their power as a stadium band is not as strong these days and they did say they loved playing arenas on the last round.

The ideal situation (which won't happen) would be one JT stadium show and then one indoor IE show in each city, but that aint gonna happen haha
  4. Originally posted by hello123:[..]
    Yeah the last time they did arenas here was Love Town... And Perth 1998 for Popmart but that doesn't really count. Im sure Rod Lava would be immense. I think part of IE being successful was arenas to be honest, I think their power as a stadium band is not as strong these days and they did say they loved playing arenas on the last round.

The ideal situation (which won't happen) would be one JT stadium show and then one indoor IE show in each city, but that aint gonna happen haha
    Bon Jovi did that here years ago, they played one show in rod lava arena and one in etihad Stadium

5. "Very reliable" South American sources.
  6. Is it a new character or is it just Bono? I was so happy to see MacPhisto returned last year, I hope he will be back for the IE Tour!
  7. First tour since Popmart where Larry doesn't walk/stand playing during a song.