Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by hello123:Why wait until 2018 to continue the JT tour in the Southern Hemisphere? If its on the back of a new album would make sense. But the current leg finishes in July. Even if they started in Oct they could easily have the whole southern hemisphere done by December.

Having said that I could take a hybrid show with JT and SOE. The thing is though in stadiums dunno if that would work with the set not containing enough material casuals are all that familiar with to be honest.

Either way we really deserve to see them down here its been a long time. You guys in the US and Europe dont know how lucky you have it.
    Exactly, to be able to live in America or Europe is the place to be. Australia, Asia and NZ suffer greatly , we Aussie's are so far away from the action and flights to Europe and the U.S are Expensive!!!
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:This new rumour of a tour in New Zealand could still be false, look at all the times South American dates have been rumoured by 'reliable sources' I think we should give things a chance to play out, the album could still be out this year, if it's not then yeah that's a bit disappointing.

Perfect post to get back to realism, The imminent announcement could even be for SOE, you never know!
  3. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    as an australian, i really hope this is completely false UNLESS it is behind a new album. if they come to AU/NZ/asia for the joshua tree, i can't see them coming back on the next tour, if there is ever a new album
    Strangely enough, another South American source. They've proven reliable so far.
  4. Who says there is some sort of "imminent announcement" coming? Must have missed that.
  5. The actual article by the nz herald seems to be clutching at straws anyway. Not much substance there
  6. Maybe they will figure out the set by then. If I had my way just open with the album
    1-12 Joshua tree
    13. Miss Sarajevo
    14.sunday Bloody Sunday
    15. Walk on
    16. Ultraviolet
    17. One
    Encore
    18. Beautiful Day
    19. A sort of homecoming
    20. Bad
  7. Yeah, someone who phoned someone and mentioned something.

The South American people also keep saying there is an "imminent" announcement. Some fueled by Noel Gallagher fans who claim that Noel is booked for all these shows already.
  8. Heard some Australia rumours for the Joshua tree tour next year....but I hope that's not true because it seems like SOE will be pushed back if they extend this tour.
    I do badly want them to come to Australia but would rather see the experience part of I and e
  9. Ha, you're a crazy man! That's the first time I've heard another Aussie say they hope tour rumours weren't true Yeah, i+e would be great, but I'll take any tour they give me
  10. Yeah I am mixed. I was lucky enough to see IE in the US.... But this tour does feel a bit luke warm. Put it this way if its IE in an arena I would looooove that. The arena was great. But I doubt they will do arenas in Australia given its been almost 7 years since they were here.

Although I am definitely sceptical as to why they would wait until 2018 for a JT tour..... Surly that would be IE, otherwise come down in Nov/Dec and get it over with this year.
  11. Originally posted by ddarroch:Ha, you're a crazy man! That's the first time I've heard another Aussie say they hope tour rumours weren't true Yeah, i+e would be great, but I'll take any tour they give me
    I would take any tour aswell