2015-07-10 - Boston
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Originally posted by ahn1991:When you're there in the venue and everybody is singing "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" under the house lights as the band walks off the stage, it just feels right.
    What moved particulary last night was Bono's talk on the sense of the SOI. How they had their inspiration in the Dublin of the late 70-ies with all its fear and uncertainty, and how they now make sense in today's world of fear and uncertainty.
    It was a very comforting feeling to hear the crowd sing ISTHFWILF ...but it could have been any song. Singing together gives comfort...

Maybe you are right, but I thought Edge's solo right before the Miss You part began was outstanding...
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    What moved particulary last night was Bono's talk on the sense of the SOI. How they had their inspiration in the Dublin of the late 70-ies with all its fear and uncertainty, and how they now make sense in today's world of fear and uncertainty.
    It was a very comforting feeling to hear the crowd sing ISTHFWILF ...but it could have been any song. Singing together gives comfort...

[..]
    Maybe you are right, but I thought Edge's solo right before the Miss You part began was outstanding...
    That's what I'm saying It was better here in Boston than in Chicago.
  3. ...eh yes... you were saying that... goodmorning BigGirl!!!

4. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    Also missed the show. But looking at the setlist, they got TCB and AIWIY. Also, the shuffled setlist order from last show was retained. I want to talk about this last point a bit more.

The fact that they decided to keep this new order tells me that the band saw some merits to it and figured that it was at the very least worth trying again. We didn't get a song between EBW and WOWY, which is actually really interesting because I'm not sure how that transition feels. People who listened to it live would have more to say about it. However, it seems like there were 3 e-stage songs this time around, Elevation, TCB, and AIWIY, so in the end it was still a 24 song set. I Still Haven't Found comes back as a closer, which is interesting since it hasn't shown up in a while I think. Personally, I like it as a closer because it gives a distinctly different feel than One and 40. I wonder if there's a printed setlist for the night because last show had 25 printed songs.

The more I think about it, there is no better way to close out the theme of the show than with MOS. Ponder it for a minute...
  5. Wow, the thread still had some madness in it after I left during WOWY Tthat feed request plus the tin can phone Love you guys. Last night was mad. I followed the set shortly from bed but I had to wake up early today so I missed from COBL on. What a shame, I thought they had realized ISHFWILF is such a poor closer and had retired it
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Wow, the thread still had some madness in it after I left during WOWY Tthat feed request plus the tin can phone Love you guys. Last night was mad. I followed the set shortly from bed but I had to wake up early today so I missed from COBL on. What a shame, I thought they had realized ISHFWILF is such a poor closer and had retired it
    I'm telling you... The ultimate closer for this tour:

Life is short
    It’s the longest thing you’ll ever do
    The worst of the curse
    Was that your dreams came true
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
    God is a place where you don’t need any help
    When I first met you, your face was like snow
    What about wherever you wanted to go
    Your face, your grace, your lipstick trace
    Your case as you put it down
    8.17 on the ground
    Your faith in a clown
    Don’t leave me now
    Don’t leave me now
    Alone in the song
    Don’t leave me now
    Alone in the song
  7. It definitely could work, but they've never closed shows with the same song tour after tour (excluding ''40'')... That was a 360 ending and it won't happen again
  8. that line gets me everytime
    Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I'm telling you... The ultimate closer for this tour:

Life is short
    It’s the longest thing you’ll ever do
    The worst of the curse
    Was that your dreams came true
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
    God is a place where you don’t need any help

When I first met you, your face was like snow
    What about wherever you wanted to go
    Your face, your grace, your lipstick trace