1. well, from now, next ep will be awesome
  2. Hey, does anyone know why these remastered singles aren't in Dolby Atmos? After Achtung Baby dropped in Atmos, I kind of expected more. I believe R&H has been redone in Atmos, but hasn't been released.
  3. Originally posted by Hobbin:Hey, does anyone know why these remastered singles aren't in Dolby Atmos? After Achtung Baby dropped in Atmos, I kind of expected more. I believe R&H has been redone in Atmos, but hasn't been released.
    They did the Rattle and Hum film for the Zoo Station theatre in Las Vegas. The album hasn’t been done. The band will be doing more, but they take some time, and the guy who’s doing much of the work has a new album they are likely trying to finish (The Edge)

I think they said it took 18 months to do Achtung Baby. And they had not yet started another when that one was released in January. So I expect we will see them pop up every 1-2 years at that rate. Any new stuff is getting mixed that way as they are working on it.
  4. 18 months to convert an album into Dolby Atmos , wow that seems like an incredibly long time. With AI pervading the music industry and 'editing' type professions I would have thought that something like that would take that long. Surely that can't be a full time gig? Thats more than a month a song.
  5. Last Night on Earth is a gem! Both versions are epic but I love the re-recorded single version a smidge more.
  6. Originally posted by EdgeMedia72:18 months to convert an album into Dolby Atmos , wow that seems like an incredibly long time. With AI pervading the music industry and 'editing' type professions I would have thought that something like that would take that long. Surely that can't be a full time gig? Thats more than a month a song.
    Yup it was 18 months they said:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/achtung_baby_in_dolby_atmos_at_zoo_station

I expect some of that time was figuring out what worked and what didn’t. Getting used to the technology etc. More insights at the link above.

The albums are being done with more thoroughness than the films shown at Zoo Station - I believe those went through a more automated process.
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    They did the Rattle and Hum film for the Zoo Station theatre in Las Vegas. The album hasn’t been done. The band will be doing more, but they take some time, and the guy who’s doing much of the work has a new album they are likely trying to finish (The Edge)

I think they said it took 18 months to do Achtung Baby. And they had not yet started another when that one was released in January. So I expect we will see them pop up every 1-2 years at that rate. Any new stuff is getting mixed that way as they are working on it.
    Didn’t you say few months back that Rattle and Hum was going to get a streaming release this year?
  8. The album? No. Have no information about any plans on a re-release of the album at this point. They did remaster it and it sounds great and it’s been available via Apple Music / iTunes since 2017. No word on what the next Atmos album will be. My money is they’ll go for The Joshua Tree next.

https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_rattle_and_hum_remastered_album_2017_master
  9. No sorry the movie. Didn’t u2 get rights back to it from Parmount and plan to stream it?
  10. I believe in reading one of u2songs crystal balls and what the future holds that the plan is to put all of their previously released concerts/rattle and hum movie on streaming in the coming year or two I think. They’re just not sure when or what streaming site yet.