1. Hey,
    I have been screwing around with my effects pedal for guitar and i cant get the effect Edge uses for "Zoo Station"

ANY HELP WOULD BE HUGELY APPRECIATED AND I WILL BUILD SEVERAL CHURCHES IN YOUR HONOUR IF YOU HELP ME OUT!

Ned
  2. I am pretty sure that ZOO STATION sound comes from a patch called "Slash" on the KORG A3, using the SPC-01 card. (I do not remember the patch number off the top of my head.

In lieu of using a Korg A3... I do not think one stompbox alone will obtain the sound. There is more than just the overdrive and distortion going on there. There seems to be reverb and other settings involved.

The Korg A3 was used for TONS of Achtung Baby - Zooropa era sounds. Mysterious Ways is another example of the Korg A3 (# 76 on the SPC-01 card, Funk Wah patch). And most of these sounds are not easy to replicate with a stomp box or two as they are distinctive.

You can still find Korg A3's on E-Bay. They are no longer made. But be sure to get one with the SPC-01 card or buy the card separate. The A3 alone will not give you "U2" sounds.

Now in that, The Edge didn't just use factory presets. He did alter the above mentioned settings some. But any decent U2 tribute band worth their salt... their "Edge" probably has an A3 in his arsenal.
  3. Keep in mind... WIKIPEDIA is hardly accurate and you, me and anyone can alter what is there. I've read some of the sources of the information and not all of the sources and information on the WIKIPEDIA entry are solid/correct
  4. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Keep in mind... WIKIPEDIA is hardly accurate and you, me and anyone can alter what is there. I've read some of the sources of the information and not all of the sources and information on the WIKIPEDIA entry are solid/correct

Well, actually you can say that of any internet forum or non-official page. That's why Wikipedia has the quotation system and the discussion window. If you find something incorrect you report it and it will be changed, if someone else has you can read the comments. And also you can compare the information to other site's, much of the time it comes from other sites which are reliable.
  5. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Keep in mind... WIKIPEDIA is hardly accurate and you, me and anyone can alter what is there. I've read some of the sources of the information and not all of the sources and information on the WIKIPEDIA entry are solid/correct

Agreed. When I first discovered Wikipedia, I contributed to the only thing I knew about (Edge's guitars). Since then people have taken that and ran with it, its simply overkill. The info is confusing and not always accurate. Also it would be hard to list all of Edge's pedals on there. They also fail to distinguish btw pre- and post-2002 Dublin warehouse flood equipment