1. It is weird how it's one of their biggest anthems that they forever reason haven't been able to nail for the past while. IMO it's a mixture of Edge's guitar tone being too biting and trebly and Bono's usual talk-singing.

But 2017 wasn't too bad, I'll give em' that! I just don't think it should've opened the show. I think instead of doing 4 songs before and 6 after, they should've done the vice versa.

I Will Follow/Out of Control/11 O' Clock Tick Tock (rotate)
    Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day
    Bad
    Pride

JT

Beautiful Day
    One
    Vertigo

Or something.
  2. I saw 5 350 shows + the BBC Rooftop show so overall got a good view of the show from multiple angles. Up close (Paris) I felt like I was watching them in a big club. From a distance (Cardiff and Barcelona) felt like I was watching a weird disco art installation. It was a great show, and I enjoyed each one immensely : but the setlist and visuals lacked the sense of cohesion and narrative that the other tours did.

I miss the NLOTH songs live : they all worked well, though maybe fell a little flat because the album didn't sell enormous amounts, and the crowd wasn't exactly sure - especially on the first leg when the first four songs were all less than six months old. "Crazy Tonight" should still be in setlists from time to time.
  3. 2001 was last great SBS until 2017. JT17 SBS was great opener and really pumped up the show from beginning
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    But 2017 wasn't too bad, I'll give em' that! I just don't think it should've opened the show. I think instead of doing 4 songs before and 6 after, they should've done the vice versa.

Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Or something.

Why not include all three?
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    It is weird how it's one of their biggest anthems that they forever reason haven't been able to nail for the past while. IMO it's a mixture of Edge's guitar tone being too biting and trebly and Bono's usual talk-singing.

Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day
    Bad
    Pride

JT

Beautiful Day
    One
    Vertigo

Or something.
    I know right? I was going to point out that 2017 SBS was actually good and the only exception in 2 decades, but then I remembered how lame was not actually doing a fully chronological thing with 2 songs per 80s album (I actually went for the same songs as you but including ASOH and not 11 O'Clock, which would be too much of a curve ball to open the show imho) and I gave up

01 - Out Of Control
    02 - I Will Follow
    03 - Gloria
    04 - October into
    05 - New Year's Day
    06 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
    07 - A Sort Of Homecoming
    08 - Bad into
    09 - Where The Streets Have No Name

SO MUCH better than what actually happened. And still room for 5-6 songs at the end (because 21-22 were way too few, they were playing some of the shortest setlists since Zoo TV leg 2 just when we had become used to 24-26 with 360 and IE).
  6. I quite like the idea of playing 1 song per album in chronological order either side of JT, I’m sure I seen that idea kicking about somewhere before. Something like this

1. Out of control
    2. Gloria
    3. New Years Day
    4. Bad
    5-15 JT
    16. Heartland (more realistically Angel Of Harlem or All I want is you)
    17. Ultraviolet
    18. Stay
    19. Discotheque
    20. Stuck in a moment
    21. City Of Blinding Lights
    22. Magnificent
    23. Every Breaking Wave
    24. Love Is Bigger
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:I quite like the idea of playing 1 song per album in chronological order either side of JT, I’m sure I seen that idea kicking about somewhere before. Something like this

1. Out of control
    2. Gloria
    3. New Years Day
    4. Bad
    5-15 JT
    16. Heartland (more realistically Angel Of Harlem or All I want is you)
    17. Ultraviolet
    18. Stay
    19. Discotheque
    20. Stuck in a moment
    21. City Of Blinding Lights
    22. Magnificent
    23. Every Breaking Wave
    24. Love Is Bigger
    Yeah just 1 song per album is the most logical thing but since I couldn't choose between I Will Follow and Out Of Control, and leaving ASOH was too painful, I went for 2 per album

Your post-JT set is a pipe dream btw!