Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    I was blown away. It was huge and the images were sharp (for that time). But if they would tour with this screen now, it would be meh. We expect HD now 😃
    Ha, were we at the same show then? I was at the 07-19 show

2. The show (Foxboro) saw was unbelievable at the time. I had seen ZooTv, then this. The 90s were good for me. This screen was something else, plus staging, the lemon etc. I was way in the back, but it didn't make a difference. The visuals worked at any distance. I rented binoculars but didn't end up really using them.

Loved every minute of the show. I remember it started raining during the last song (MLK) and they ended with Rain.

I also remember the parking lot at Foxboro was like a giant party. I ended up eating uncooked hotdogs with my friends in the parking lot, because we couldn't get the grill to light. College days...
  3. HD resolution is not importend for this screen. The visuals where art; popart. Great btw. Like the visuals for Bullet, Roy Lichtensten art worked Out great on the popmart led lamps. No Tour since had those great visuals.
  4. Blown away. And I've seen Stones and Pink Floyd two and three years before... It was something big and different. And also that mocking of consumerism helped to experience...
  5. I saw the Columbus Popmart show. I was 15, and it was my first real concert. To say I was blown away is an understatement. I can't remember it too well anymore, just photographs in my mind. I remember how large and imposing the stage was when I first saw it. I don't remember much about the screen. I just remember how great it was to be at a U2 concert... I had spent the past 2 years watching Red Rocks, Rattle and Hum and ZooTV Sydney. If I could go back and relive the top 10 moments of my life, this concert would be one of them. As far as attendance goes, there were 43,000+ in the crowd, and it was one of the better attended US shows.

My next concerts were Aerosmith and Tom Petty, and while they were good, it became clear to me that not all concerts are as epic as U2.

6. from Edmonton show
  7. Nice... that WOWY is on Popheart live ep.
    They should release whole thing...
  8. Imagine a full proshot Edmonton DVD. Like i know we have the whole show in pro but most of it is showing the stage and thats it. With these camera shots though, it would be a great show to watch.
  9. Popmart was great fun !!
  10. A mix of Edmonton/Rotterdam using the same guys behind the Please Popmart E.P