Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. I was wondering if I could get some comments on which bootleg from the pop mart tour is the best. I have listened to two random concerts from that tour, and was somewhat disappointed in them. The band almost sounded tired or bored....Can't remember which ones they were......would love to find a great concert from that tour, as I have recently rediscovered the Pop album, and can't seem to get enough of it.....Thanks
  2. Which "two random concerts" have you listened to?
  3. Depending on the leg you look at, you can find several dull bootlegs in a row. It's widely accepted that the first 10-15 shows (American leg) are dull, and so are some of the Europeans.

I would advise you to listen to 1997-11-14 - Miami and to 1997-07-18 - Rotterdam
  4. Yeah, the 1997-11-14 - Miami bootleg is good. Melbourne (1998-02-21) and Tel Aviv (1997-09-30) are also good. Melbourne mainly for "Bad" and Tel Aviv mainly for "Miami", "Bullet", and "Mysterious Ways."
  5. Yeah, the 1997-11-14 - Miami bootleg is good. Melbourne (1998-02-21) and Tel Aviv (1997-09-30) are also good. Melbourne mainly for "Bad" and Tel Aviv mainly for "Miami", "Bullet", and "Mysterious Ways."
  6. Tampa's (1997-11-10) cool too.

7. Agree. Tears every single time with that Mothers

Regarding Tel Aviv... it was one of the first Popmart bootlegs I listened to and it's guilty of a good part of the irrational despise I have for that tour. I just can.not.stand that bootleg.
  8. Miami, Leeds, Sarajevo,and Santiago.

That's all you'll ever need.

(Aside from maybe an audio rip from the Mexico City DVD)
  9. I agreee with you Matt....

IMO,Sarajevo is one of the greatest U2 gigs..with Bonos voice shot,Edge helping out.....the passion...the politics.....just a great,great gig..plus the sound of the boot is great as well....
  10. Originally posted by EDDMB:I agreee with you Matt....

IMO,Sarajevo is one of the greatest U2 gigs..with Bonos voice shot,Edge helping out.....the passion...the politics.....just a great,great gig..plus the sound of the boot is great as well....

Shameless plug
  11. Sarajevo.

/.thread