1. i seen them on there second dublin show and was in the inner circle. still blows me away when i think back.really wish i seen a couple of these shows as was still early in the tour when i seen them, would of loved to seen a 2011 show
  2. U2 360’s total take was $736,000,000.

Guns N’ Roses take so far I’d $563,000,000. They would need 173,000,000 to beat U2, and who even knows how much to overtake Ed.

At this point, GnR only have 10 of their own arena shows scheduled for this fall. Festivals don’t count toward a tour gross, so no... they have no chance.
  3. Ed 260 shows
    U2 110 shows

U2 still the live kings
  4. If u2 play a big stadium tour in the future they might be capable of beating the record again. 100 shows with today’s ticket prices would probably do the trick, I could see it happening.
  5. Just listened to the Sheffield live broadcast whilst painted you only realise later just how good that show and tour was.It was awesome
  6. I have said for years that they could’ve done more shows on 360, and gotten way above $800m. With a little strategic scheduling they could have included;

Boston (2011 1 show)
    Buffalo
    Cleveland
    Cincinnati or Louisville (not both)
    Indianapolis
    Wisconsin
    Kansas City
    New Orleans
    San Antonio or Austin
    Jacksonville
    San Diego
    San Francisco area (2009 leg)
    Eugene, OR
    Honolulu

Monterrey
    Guadalajara
    Bogota
    Lima
    Montevideo
    Rio de Janeiro

Adelaide

Japan (2-3 shows)
    Seoul
    Manila
    Singapore x2
    Bangkok?
    Jakarta?
    China or Hong Kong
    Dubai

Now, suppose U2 had released an album in late 2010/early 2011 like they were hoping, we could have had another European leg in 2011 that would’ve been part of the SOA tour, or whatever.

Madrid
    1 show in France
    1 show in Italy
    1 in Germany
    Budapest
    Bucharest
    Sarajevo
    Prague
    Oslo
    Stockholm
    Amsterdam x2
    London
    Manchester
    Sunderland
    Dublin x2

Not saying all that was possible. But if U2 were able to play to 41,000 people in Buffalo in 2017, they would’ve been able to sell more tickets in 2009-11, for example.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:I have said for years that they could’ve done more shows on 360, and gotten way above $800m. With a little strategic scheduling they could have included;

Boston (2011 1 show)
    Buffalo
    Cleveland
    Cincinnati or Louisville (not both)
    Indianapolis
    Wisconsin
    Kansas City
    New Orleans
    San Antonio or Austin
    Jacksonville
    San Diego
    San Francisco area (2009 leg)
    Eugene, OR
    Honolulu

Monterrey
    Guadalajara
    Bogota
    Lima
    Montevideo
    Rio de Janeiro

Adelaide

Japan (2-3 shows)
    Seoul
    Manila
    Singapore x2
    Bangkok?
    Jakarta?
    China or Hong Kong
    Dubai

Now, suppose U2 had released an album in late 2010/early 2011 like they were hoping, we could have had another European leg in 2011 that would’ve been part of the SOA tour, or whatever.

Madrid
    1 show in France
    1 show in Italy
    1 in Germany
    Budapest
    Bucharest
    Sarajevo
    Prague
    Oslo
    Stockholm
    Amsterdam x2
    London
    Manchester
    Sunderland
    Dublin x2

Not saying all that was possible. But if U2 were able to play to 41,000 people in Buffalo in 2017, they would’ve been able to sell more tickets in 2009-11, for example.
    The band probably thought 110 shows is plenty.
  8. Sunderland? Really? Surely Newcastle is the more likely choice in the North East
  9. Sunderland has the Stadium of Light, which seems to be a popular venue for stadium shows in that part of England. Coldplay, Beyoncé, Springsteen, Spice Girls, Oasis, etc have all played there,

But yeah, Newcastle would work too.