1. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

Let me guess, it was a show before 1987!

No. On The Joshua Tree Tour, Streets is played 97 times out of 110 shows.
  2. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyNo. On The Joshua Tree Tour, Streets is played 97 times out of 110 shows.
    Yes. Many of the 3rd leg (America) shows bagan with Bullet The Blue Sky, not with Streets.
    And some of the 2nd leg (Europe) shows were opened with Stand By Me, or C'Mon Everybody or stuff like this.
    Such a shame......Streets is probably the best show-opener ever...
  3. Streets FOREVER
  4. Aw if I had known about this, WTSHNN would have won by TWO votes

Originally posted by liveitup2dmx
    ++Mercy, a song many of you claim to be "LEGENDARY", received the least amount of votes in the first ETC. round of the songs that moved on, although it came in 1st in Round 2's etc.

Really? Mercy is considered legendary? I think its a beautiful song and I love the way the band has somehow managed to capture old 1979 spirit of openness and everything. But its pretty obvious the song isn't complete, atleast lyrically. It is very much a b-side.

Once the boys get back with Rubin and start producing singles instead of experimenting with song structure, I'm sure it'll change quite a bit if it hasn't already.
  5. Mercy. A great song, but it isn't finished. I like the sound of this song very much. Potentional a classic, but not as it is now.
  6. Originally posted by MirrorballBoyMercy. A great song, but it isn't finished. I like the sound of this song very much. Potentional a classic, but not as it is now.

I concur 100%
  7. Streets

Greatest song ever.
  8. Originally posted by MacPhistflyI concur 100%

Originally posted by MacphistflyStreets

Greatest song ever.

This is all that should be said. Agree entirely
  9. When expierienced right, the song is like talking to God.

Sorry if thats an exxageration, but its true.
  10. Originally posted by MacphistflyWhen expierienced right, the song is like talking to God.

Yes it is. And no that's not an exaggeration.

Being there for that song on 2001-06-17 New York changed my life, possibly the most powerful memory in my 20 years 50 weeks of life so far. I don't even think Streets was my favorite song yet (or maybe just the Joshua Tree version or something). I really wasn't expecting Bono to sing that yelling note for the 10 seconds before the lights went on. And I felt the floor move as we all began jumping up and down.

It was just like going a roller coaster. And I don't mean to sound cliche. Here's what I mean:

The buildup and the rhythmic rumbling of the floor was a lot like being dragged up by a roller coaster's chain mechanism, and then the big drop is like the lights going on and everybody screams, which results in this massive collective roar. Then, in a roller coaster you take a look around you out on the rest of the earth from the sky. In the concert with the blinding lights, I looked out around the arena below me and just took it all in: the motion of the fans, Bono running around the heart. The image is burned into my memory.
  11. I remember being 14 yrs old getting the Boston DVD, and feeling an inspiration, and the summarisation of who i was as a person just come at me 100% and sweep me away.
    When i felt the hairs stand up on my back and neck, and felt a connection with God's spirit through the song, i knew i was in love with U2.

The final line of the song i love the most, because i see the song as a journey through suffering back into the light, and when it appears, the happiness we feel is unbelievable.

And when i go there, i go there with you, sung by someone in a tough hour, but they know they will pull through. And by the last word, the release is felt.

I feel this is about heaven and or salvation, and going there with Jesus having been with him throughout the song {life} and its hardest times, the final line is the prayer of leaving through the toguh times. The knowledge that they will end, and our spirit will break free.

The song that Defines U2.
  12. Originally posted by MWSAHI'm glad that my own favorite song is the most favorite of all members here!

Agreed!