1. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Some argue that Deep Red (Profondo Rosso) is the pinnacle work in Dario Argento's oeuvre. It certainly paved the way for copycat films that followed in it's wake.
    The nursery rhyme beginning sets the mood immediately. Very eerie.

Italian horror cinema with all its variations, sub-genres and nomenclature has certainly made impact in achieving cult status worldwide. Although I really do not like the contemporary slasher/gore films that seems to have become acceptable as 'horror', there are exceptions that are mainly carried by great soundtracks and, in the majority, suspense.

You have now inspired me to dig out some horror soundtracks.
    Totally agree. The movies that manage to frighten me are not the ones full of blood and monsters, but those full of tension and with a serious soundtrack that underlines the pivotal moments. Deep Red is an absolutely perfect example of what I mean (and also the first 3 films by Argento, which I like to remember also because thay have soundtracks by Ennio Morricone, the greatest soundtrack composer I've ever heard who left us just two days ago)

2. The Music - The Music

3. Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks
  4. I ALWAYS post something fucking decent!!!
    Have you seen the size of my record collection?
    Not much crap in that.
    All these millennials are being spoon fed to the back teeth with what I post here.

The Rolling Stones - Now!

5. Atoms For Peace - AMOK

6. The Mission - God's Own Medicine

7. For me it's R.E.M.'s best album

8. Dead Can Dance - In Concert