1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Not nearly as good as the other tracks is what I meant. VDL and LRM are nowhere near as good as even something like When Love Comes To Town. Having developed a love for American roots and blues music (and R&B too) I feel that would be a great song to play live, even now.

If it is there then it's there. Imagine an album with only the following:

God Part II
    Angel Of Harlem
    When Love Comes To Town
    Heartland
    Hawkmoon 269
    Desire
    All I Want Is You

A short album by all means at about 32 minutes but that would be an incredible album.

That would rival my top 5 albums if it were put out like that.
    Heartland was the first song I listened to on Rattle and Hum when I first bought it nearly ten years ago, and if I had to pack up tomorrow, I'd bring R&H just for it.

2. A M A Z I N G ...

Much as I would love U2 to play this, there's no way Bono can reach these high notes properly nowadays...

If only SOA would contain at least one song of this caliber....
  3. Amazing video

And Heartland is a brilliant song in my opinion! It's one of my favorite songs and I think the band doesn't know how to play it live properly...or just forgot it at sometime and space.

4. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]

A M A Z I N G ...

Much as I would love U2 to play this, there's no way Bono can reach these high notes properly nowadays...

If only SOA would contain at least one song of this caliber....

If they grow the balls to finish Mercy for it, it will.

Yeah, I said it.
  5. Heartland was my favourite U2 song until SYCMIOYO. If we had a live version, it would probably still be on top. I played it over and over when I travelled the west coast and Joshua Tree territory. It brings up associations like no other song for me - the images invoked by the lyrics and the guitar are sublime.
  6. Thanks so much for that vid! Amazing cover
  7. One of the best and most atmospheric songs of all time, I hope they know how good it is
  8. Awesome awesome track can I say.

This would really go down well at a Gig, great intro by Adam and the Edge.

Love the variation on the chords by Edge for this.

Lyrics are just pure genius.

Some great chord cover versions of this on youtube

9. I love this Song so much!
    Why not performed live?
  10. It hasn't really won me over. Perhaps I should try it again.
  11. Listening to it right now and decided it's one of their best songs, imho.
    A beautiful piece of music, I simply adore it It's a pity it never has been played live.

+1!