1. Originally posted by BelgianBono:
    What do you guys actually think is the best beer then ? (please try to be honest, not chauvinistic )
    I've never drank Pilsner so don't know about that... I only know it definately isn't Heineken (sorry neighbours)

I honestly appreciate Guinness a lot. Maybe it has to do with my ancestral Irish love, but... fuck, it's good as hell

2. Logical evolution, since beer is the most usual alcoholic drink everywhere.
  3. I'm not in love with stouts... so Guiness doesn't say anything to me... I like mainly pale lagers or semi dark beers (not mixed dark+pale).
  4. Guinness and Paulaner
  5. I prefer ales to be honest over lager, although recently I've taken to drinking Carling 'cause dad buys boxes of whatever's going at a decent rate from Tesco - stick a few in the fridge, crack 'em open and pour into a glass, they're surprisingly nice. However, above all else, I'm a cider man, although I'm not talking mass-produced stuff like Bulmers', Strongbow, Magners' etc, I find them all a bit lacking in anything. It's the local 'real' cider that's the bee's knees - stuff like Aspall's is heaven-sent.
  6. Btw. is here anyone who likes beer draught without foam? I was surprised in some countries that there is no foam on the beer or it disappear in seconds... For me, beer draught without foam is undrinkable...
  7. and of course:
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoy:I prefer ales to be honest over lager, although recently I've taken to drinking Carling 'cause dad buys boxes of whatever's going at a decent rate from Tesco - stick a few in the fridge, crack 'em open and pour into a glass, they're surprisingly nice. However, above all else, I'm a cider man, although I'm not talking mass-produced stuff like Bulmers', Strongbow, Magners' etc, I find them all a bit lacking in anything. It's the local 'real' cider that's the bee's knees - stuff like Aspall's is heaven-sent.

Add in Guiness and that's me too.

Although with my age I do like a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc....
  9. Lots of Tuborg promotion here in Macedonia (vacation). The nicest local beer is Zlaten Dab. Other popular beers here are Skopsko (owned by Heineken; Macedonian), Lasko (slovenian?; has nice dark beer as well), Becks, Heineken and Amstel.

The Heineken original is a bit sweeter than in Holland though.