1. I first got hooked on them when "Letters From The Sky" was the free song on iTunes. Then I bought the entire album.
    Saw them live once and they're AMAZING. The guitarist uses a bow to play his guitar sometimes. I thought that was pretty cool.

And lots of people describe them as a cross between U2 and Coldplay. Maybe that's why I like them so much.
    Anyone else heard of them?
  2. Listening to Civil Twilight right now. For a minute I said to myself, "a new U2 Song,! Impossible!!!" But no it's Civil Twilight sounding like U2. Even the singer sounded a bit like Bono. Reminded me of Actung Baby and Pop!! I'll be listeing to more of this band.
  3. I was searching for "Twilight" some months ago in the quick search, and came across this topic. Only one post, etc. I said "Well, I won't bump this, but why not give a listen to this band?"... And what was my surprise when I came across a GREAT sounding band, something like U2+Coldplay+Snow Patrol+Chopin that I like A LOT. I've bought their 2009 album (their only one so far) in physical format and I like like like it. Recommendable if you don't have anything new to listen and you want some fresh air. Some nice guitar+piano songs with interesting lyrics. Recommended
  4. Having a listen now, just read on Wiki that one of their songs was on House, so it must be pretty good since any music on House is usually decent.
  5. Wow, band names are getting stupider and stupider
  6. they sound like Snow Patrol to me, not too bad
  7. I can't stop listening to these guys!!!

Here's two videos from the band.

Recommend at least a listen!
  8. the massive attack cover is pretty sweet

9. Please:

stu·pid (stpd, sty-)
    adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
    1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
    2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
    3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
    4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
    5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
    n.
    A stupid or foolish person.

And I was using far from formal language, saying "Wow, band names are getting more stupid and more stupid" doesn't have quite the same effect...
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was searching for "Twilight" some months ago in the quick search, and came across this topic. Only one post, etc. I said "Well, I won't bump this, but why not give a listen to this band?"... And what was my surprise when I came across a GREAT sounding band, something like U2+Coldplay+Snow Patrol+Chopin that I like A LOT. I've bought their 2009 album in physical format and I like like like it. Recommendable if you don't have anything new to listen and you want some fresh air. Some nice guitar+piano songs with interesting lyrics. Recommended

I keep coming back to this album quite often. It's undoubtedly my most listened album besides my "usual artists".

Next To Me and Letters From The Sky are my personal favorites, but the whole album is superb. Oh, and Quiet In My Town is a mindblowing album closer.
  11. Still LOVE this band, specially their debut album. They have a new one (their 3rd one, Story Of An Inmigrant) which is still very good - the 2nd is the one I still can't get into. I wish they toured a bit more outside South Africa and the US