1. Meh. Not a huge fan of Muse, especially the singer.
    I really like some of their songs like Knights of Cydonia, but that voice...
    I dunno, I think the vibrato's weird or something.
  2. It was very nice. (period.)
    After all: it was The Edge!!! @ Glasto!!!!!!!!! Great! Who cares about Muse when you can see Edge (!!!!!!!!!!) @Glastonbury!!!!
  3. Ooh.... good point.
    Your logic has defeated me.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:What I remember from the performance is that Bellamy kind of forgot the lyrics at places and sort of mumbled. That annoyed me. Otherwise, it was a great surprise & performance but I would rather have had Bono singing it.

Ah. We know that from someone

I thought it was absolutely epic and a great gesture for us U2 fans!
  5. Wonderful gesture (and respect) from Muse. Edge sounded brilliant as always.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:I think it was brilliant.All the goodness of a great U2 song performed very well without the need to watch Bono

Forgive me but i've just grown a rather large dislike of the man. Maybe some ZooTV and Popmart will help.

Well go listen and watch lots of it. ASAP!

7. Ah right, stupid me. Sorry bout that.
  8. I thought it was great. Definitely not the same without Bono, however as a one time thing it was really cool. Very cool idea. I think I like the fact that Muse wanted to play THAT song with THAT guitarist more than I like the cover itself, you can just tell how honoured they are to be playing the song and to be playing with Edge, and you can tell Edge feels the same way about them, Very cool.

But again, no U2 song sounds that good without Bono. I remember a few weeks ago someone showed me a U2 cover someone did on American Idol of Beautiful Day, and while the guys voice was alright (and by that I mean on key) it just sounded like shit, because it's not Bono's voice.

That's all.
  9. Loved it. Simple as. The novelty and the occasion and also the sheer personal surprise at seeing on of my heroes live (ish) on the telly was too good for words, and the performance was fantastic.
  10. Edge is INSANE!