1. Well done man! Good read, Good Pics
  2. Now there's a hardcore fan.

Great yarn, well done!

3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The member who PM-ed you was me, but I asked which is your favorite guitar EVER, not your Edge's favorite guitar

PS. I also do love the Eric Clapton strat, it looks amazing and sounds even better

My favorite guitar ever... I love Gretsch Country Gentleman. When I was learning to play my friend Ian used to lend me his 1964 Gent and I have always wanted one since.

And more important, what are my favorite U2 websites!?

This one ranks high! Lots of nice folks here. Lots of great gigantic U2 photos. Plenty of shows to listen to and enjoy.

Interference has some nice folks too. AtU2 is usually a good source for news. U2.com could learn loads from some of the well run fansites, like the great job that Remy and crew do here. And that is not just lip service, just saying what I feel and what I see.

Keep up the great job!
  4. nice interview, man. your stories about meeting the band are pretty entertaining, too, i'd love to have been in your position. haha
  5. great reading there Jeff. Some great experiences. I could do with some of those to keep the love alive. They really were some band. Thanks for sharing
  6. Think anyone would like to have at least one moment like you did Jeff
  7. Story time... this time about my friend Tania:

6 years ago my friend Tania (from Portugal) told me that she never thought she'd meet U2.

I assured her that she would. And that it takes patience and a bit of detective work. Someone somewhere in your town or online knows when they might be in town, what hotels they might stay... So with some detective work and patience... I don't think she believed me at the time but...

...a few months later, she heard that they were in Portugal. Turned out to take promo pictures and the album cover picture for HTDAAB. She went to the airport, luckily found someone that would tell her when U2's plane was leaving and by what gate. (Information that most could not get at US airports).

She went to the gate and waited. Sure enough at the appointed time they arrived. She got pictures and autographs and emailed me all the details.

So it can happen. Location and country isnt' an issue.

That same friend came to the US during the Vertigo tour. She met all of them again when she went to the NY bookstore signing of U2 by U2.

She met Bono before soundcheck at the NY show. She gave Bono a book of her poetry. Another great moment for her.

And then in Philadelphia, she and a couple friends got pulled on stage with a banner of some sort... can't remember if it was a "Make Poverty History" or what it was...

The moral of the story... You Too can meet U2. Just takes a bit of detective work and lots of patience. Success is when preparation meets opportunity. And when the band are touring, there is a number of opportunities before shows, at hotels and airports.

I hope that every gets a chance to meet one or all of them. that is my wish for all fans. They are truly nice people. And it's always a good day to get a few minutes with any one of the U2 folks.
  8. Great reading here

And your story about the gig was f* amazing, Jeff! Congrats!

Greetings from Brazil

9. Hello Brazil!

I'd LOVE to see U2 in Brazil or Venezuela or Chile... South American crowds (from all I've heard and all that I saw in U2: 3D) seem very passionate and that just feeds the band and they play that much more passionate.
  10. great great great interview. probably my favorite one to date reading. if you ever come to a concert in Chicago let me know, because it seems like you are truly a great detective on finding where they are and meeting them.

great stuff!!!

11. Just cut your post there so it wasn't all re-quoted but what a brillant story. And your whole knowledge of guitar I read is amazing too - I missed meeting the band by 30 minutes, but yeah next time it's gonna happen.

Good choice for member of the month too.
  12. Another fun U2 encounter. This time, this past weekend...

The weekend before last, I went to Guitar Center with my friend Helena. She's a fellow U2 fan and she's also a guitar player.

While at GC, we saw a 1976 Limited Ed. Gibson Explorer. Same make, model, year - everything like The Edge's.

So Helena played it a bit last Sunday when we were there. She was playing a few U2 tunes and the salesman said "That is the right guitar for that" We both smiled.

During the week, I told Chas (guitarist with Joshua Tree, U2 tribute) about the guitar. He'd been looking for one for a while. As I am his "Dallas Schoo" (tech), I'm always got an eye out for guitars he might like. Chas was happy to hear that I'd found a 1976 like mine (and The Edge's). He said that he might go have a look at it before the show we had last Saturday night.

I happened to be in Hollywood on Saturday morning and I decided to stop by Guitar Center and make sure the guitar was still there. I walked into the vintage guitar room and sure enough... on the same stand Helena and I saw it on... So I sat down' and played it a bit. Played nice. No issues. It was perfect.

So I texted Chas and told him "Yep, the guitar is still here. It is a $3995.00 (I'd thought it was $4995.00 so it was a better price than I remembered).

Just as I put my phone away I hear the salesman say: "Hey, haven't seen you in a while". I turned around... Who is standing there? Dallas Schoo! He saw me and said "Hey Jeff!". I held the Explorer out toward him and said "Looking for this?" Dallas said: "Is it..." And before he finished I said: "It is! It's a `76 Limited and it is 100% proper! Dallas played on it for a few mins and said to the salesman: "I'll take it!".

We had a nice chat for a 1/2 hour or so while the got the case and everything ready for the guitar.

All in all, a great surprise to run in to him. He was nice and friendly as every. Super cool guy.

While bummed at losing out getting the 1976 Gibson Explorer, Chas was okay losing it to The Edge.

PS - if I remember correctly, Dallas mentioned that makes 11 1976 Gibson Explorers that The Edge now has.