1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1997-05-03 - Salt Lake City, Utah - Rice-Eccles Stadium. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

1997-05-03 - Salt Lake City, Utah - Rice-Eccles Stadium
    Mofo
    I Will Follow
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Do You Feel Loved? / I Feel Love (snippet)
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
    Last Night On Earth
    Gone
    Until The End Of The World / Break On Through (snippet)
    If God Will Send His Angels
    Staring At The Sun
    Daydream Believer (Edge Karaoke)
    Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet)
    Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet) / Thank You (Falettin Me Be Mice Elf Again) (snippet)
    Please
    Where The Streets Have No Name / Playboy Mansion (snippet)

encore(s):
    Discothèque / Love To Love You Baby (snippet) / Discothèque Howie B Hairy B Mix (snippet)
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    With Or Without You
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    Mysterious Ways
    One

Comments on this show:
    We do have a Salt Lake City show this month! One to remember from the Popmart tour, we have a good audience recording available from Rapidshare. Highlights include the Edge karaoke and Bullet The Blue Sky.

Show page
    1997-05-03 - Salt Lake City, Utah - Rice-Eccles Stadium
  2. Poor SLC, I'm sorry for them. Give a listen to this bootleg, it's a quite good Popmart show
  3. And a rare live performance of DYFL of course. I really wished that the band had just a bit more time rehearsing for the Popmart tour. Lots of great but rough concepts were thrown overboard because they were not rehearsed enough.

I really feel that DYFL could have been great. I guess we'll never know
  4. Originally posted by Risto:And a rare live performance of DYFL of course. I really wished that the band had just a bit more time rehearsing for the Popmart tour. Lots of great but rough concepts were thrown overboard because they were not rehearsed enough.

I really feel that DYFL could have been great. I guess we'll never know

I agree with you. I've always imagined that song being 'built on stage' as it happened to GONE, I guess! DYFL is a great song and I love it!

5. Really loving the setlist. Will download and listen this week when I finish my current show.
  6. Still need to listen to this one. I've listened to the first 4 of 5 shows but not SLC Ah well, on my to do list for this week!
  7. fo anyone whos interested, just had a look at the histoy mix on the site, seems that this yeas 360 gig would have been on exactly the same date as salt lake city's war tour gig in 1983
  8. this looks promising, i'll give it a listen.
  9. Originally posted by Hans23:fo anyone whos interested, just had a look at the histoy mix on the site, seems that this yeas 360 gig would have been on exactly the same date as salt lake city's war tour gig in 1983

And exactly one month after this show from '97! Thanks for the info, Hans, that's really cool.
  10. Just listened to this. Really good performance actually. Somehow wasn't expecting that since it was one of the first shows of Popmart. Better than Eugene and that was the next show

I'll do the review soon!
  11. My issues with the album aside, Popmart was a kickass tour.

12. Wait a second, you're a U2 fan!? I thought you were here only for the politics....